Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
H0ckypuck
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-10          98012

Thinking about buying on of the two mentioned tractors. The one thing I noticed is that the New Holland is 2000 dollars cheaper and I get an extra 3 hp out of the Boomer (2 hp at the PTO). The John Deere dealer is 20 minutes away and the NH dealer is 45 minutes away. The controls are almost identicle (i love the forward and reverse pedals and the breaks on one side, kubota definitely missing the boat here). What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
jummping jimmy

2004-10-10          98048

well first of all $2000.00 buys me a LOT of beer! look at the specs,,I did,,New holland seems to be a better tractor,,look at the 3-point lifting specs,,also you dont have to have "low profile" 3-point attachments,, ....

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-10          98050

What is a "low profile" 3 point attachment ?? And why would the John Deere need them ? ....

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2004-10-10          98053

To me it just seems like you can see all around you better on the New Holland. I don't know if'n it's the seat height or because of the sloped hood, maybe a combination of the two but that along with two large makes it a winner in my book. ....

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
buckweet

2004-10-11          98109

hello... im interested too.. in buying another tractor..
i have no ideal what you guys are saying.. tractor numbers , i have no clue what it means.. the only two tractors i've really spent any time on is a farmall 706 [gas] and a farmall ''H'' ..
so im shure im waaayyy out dated !
im needing sominthing around 40 horse at the PTO..
i'ed like to have a loader and 4 wheel drive..
i know nothing about these ''new'' tractors.. been told by a friend over here in kuwait to be shure and get ''shuttel'' shift..
i hope someone can point me in the right direction.
thanks
tim r. hudson ....

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-11          98128

H0ckypuck, If you want the heads up hp tractor from Deere; get the 4410. Both are good tractors but in my opinion you get more features with the the Deere. eHydro with the accompanying features such as Motion Match and Load Match are great features and the Yanmar engine is by far the superior and most reliable engine. It will more than likely boil down to demo'ing both machines to make a decision which features appeal best and which dealer strikes you as the most customer oriented and able to support you down the road.

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-11          98130

buckweet,

I would suggest the Deere 990 if a basic gearshift tractor can meet your needs in the 40 hp class. No shuttle shift with this model but it is a bullet proof and very reliable design and great machine. The Deere 4610 or 4710 would be the models I would suggest for the more advanced features such as shuttle shift but I would strongly suggest going with the eHydro transmission. The lastest Deere offerings in the 4000 Twenty Series are even better with the Power Tech engines and turbo charging. The 4520 or 4720 would very ably meet your requirements here. ....

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-10-11          98135

I just could'nt stand it any longer, so I had to speak my piece again on the Deere 4310/4410 tractors. I got one of each, both with 12/12 E/power reversers. I guess it's to each his own, but I've had years of experience with hydro drive tractors, combines, etc. For 99% of all jobs especially shuttle work you could'nt give me a hydro over the 12/12 reverser on a compact. They've both been great little tractors, I had a 4300 Deere prior to these two and it also was a 12/12 shuttle, I just got so used to it that I don't want anything else. I do have problems with my left knee, but with the 12/12 there's no need to ever touch the clutch pedal on a ten series. Well that's enough from me on that, I'll keep quite from now on about the hydro/gear thing, everybody's heard it by now. Frank. ....

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-10-20          98856

Frank!!! No need to look behind ya, Ill cover your back lets go in ? I chose to buy the gear, New Holland tc 40 and have not ever thought I needed anything else yet. I guess I am from the back woods (like my kids tell me) but if I am not making a living by the hour doing loader work, why in the world would I want to spend more money on hydro when most of my work is done at the same speed. (Ok Frank here is where your covering my back, right?) If I was to buy a tractor for my " WIFE " I would buy her one of those fancy hydo machines but real men dont need those frilly do hickeys!!!!!
LOL

(quick out the back door Batman) ....

TC35 or 4310 john deere

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-10-20          98864

Broken: I think I'll steer clear of the gender thing on hydros vs. gear being more for one gender than the other. My wife loves her 345 Deere hydro lawn tractors, she must she's got two of them. But on the other hand a good many years ago she spent many hours on "H" Farmslls and a "4010" Deere pulling a four bottom plow and both of them were far from hydros. The point being that most anybody can adapt to what they are given to operate if they have the desire to learn. Hydros have a definite place in lots of equipment, but I've never felt they earned their keep in a compact, just an expensive option that I don't need. For the last time I'll shut up om the subject. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login