Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC30 TC29 or FT 360DTC

View my Photos
yblifd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-08          97910

I am considering the purchase of a 360DTC with the loader and backhoe. My other choice is the NH TC30 TLB or the TC29D TLB. Both the NH come with an 8ft. backhoe, whereas the FT has a 7.5ft. hoe. The subframe attachment doesn't leave much clearance under the tractor on the 360DTC, and on slightly uneven ground the back of the Hoe assembly and bucket get hung up on the ground. Does the NH backhoe have more clearance that the FT? The 360DTc seems like a lot more tractor - although it is not hydro - whereas the NHs are hydro. I could move up to the 330DTC which is hydro - perhaps that would be wiser. My tasks are putting in a new driveway, digging up stumps, cleaning garbage out of a ditch and burying it, digging a small pond, landscaping excavation etc. I like the power of the long tractors, just not sure about the loader and backhoe.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC30 TC29 or FT 360DTC

View my Photos
RodgerF

2004-10-09          97966

I can't help much with the Long tractor. When I was looking my local dealer didn't have those model in stock.

I ended up with the TC 30 9x3. The TC 29 will give you a little more loader capacity and the curved hood/loader arms. Could be a plus as its harder to see the bucket on the TC 30. I don't have the hoe yet, hopefully in the spring but you can use the same one on either tractor.

The TC 29 has a few more bells and whistles than the 30, but for me the price difference was the deciding factor plus it has slightly more PTO horsepower. Between those two, you'll need to try them out and see which one best fits you and your budget.

Rodger ....

TC30 TC29 or FT 360DTC

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2004-10-10          98049

I cannot help you on the backhoe issue but after looking and test driving tractors [one of which was a Long] I chose a TC33D with a loader. Fit and finsh, power and ease of usage [HST] along with a good local dealer were all deciding factors plus resale value should I ever need it. ....

TC30 TC29 or FT 360DTC

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-10-10          98054

My neighbor has a FarmTrac 360 DTC. Seems to like it so far (just over 100 hours).
I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the FT loaders, the loader arms are way over the hood even when the bucket is down. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login