Go Bottom Go Bottom

This deal is too good to be real

View my Photos
bellaterra
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-02          95398

Found an '04 (2 weeks old) New Holland 40 hp Hydrostat 4wd with FEL with asking price of $8,000 on Ebay...and FREE shipping from California to any of the 48 states. Contacted the fellow and he said to send the money to a guardian holding company until I was satisfied and then the holding company would pay him. Said he needed the money to buy some land. Sounds suspicious.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-02          95408

You will most likely lose $8,000 on that deal. No one in their right mind would sell one so cheap unless it is stolen. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-02          95419

I agree. A bunch of people have lost money on similar tractor scams on eBay. Nobody would sell a machine like you describe so cheap, unless maybe it was stolen. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-09-03          95433

There ain't no free lunch, it's either stolen or more likely there is no tractor. It's really sad that technology has given us all these great new tools to make our lives better, then someone too lazy to make their own way in life uses it to gyp honest folks out of their money or property. But I guess if everyone were honest we'd have a lot of policemen out of work. Were taking the holiday off, but the people in the path of Frances aren't going to have much of a holiday, two in a row, that's a bit much. Frank. ....

View my Photos
tractor123

2004-09-03          95440

Hi,

What you are mentioning is a common scam on Ebay that started with motorcycles. We have had several customers contact us about this, and we have since started watermarking our pictures so that hopefully they'll have a harder time using ours. If the auction is still there, email the auction number along with a general decription of what happened here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html, but there's about 3 blocks to fill out, and I believe the abuse @ ebay.com email works). If you still believe it might be real, a really good trick is to ask them to take a picture of something on the tractor that is not visible in the auction but very identifiable (s/n plate if not shown is the best). When they can't produce the picture, then you know you have a problem. Hope this helps :) ....

View my Photos
tractor123

2004-09-03          95441

Silly me didn't see the lack of a premium account. Here is the link again for reporting fraudulent auctions: http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html
and I believe you can use the abuse email at Ebay.com also. Sorry :) ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-09-03          95445

If you're still not convinced it's a scam call the guy again and tell him you're ready to come there with the cash to make the deal. You hand over the cash, he hands over the tractor. See how fast he backpedals.
Dave ....

View my Photos
jd2210

2004-09-03          95474

I whole AGREE completely with all the statments above, and this smells. Sad part is, someone will send this clown the 8K and loose big time. Consider yourself fortunante to not fall for this scam. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-09-03          95507

A couple of months ago a co-worker saw a similar ad on EBAY for a compact tractor that was too good to pass up, or so he thought. This tractor was in Europe and he phoned the seller about shipping. The seller said he would pay for shipping. I advised him not to proceed with the purchase as this smelled bad. Turns our this was a scam, fortunately he was only out the cost of a phone call. There is a lot of truth to old axiom "you get what you pay for". ....

View my Photos
bellaterra

2004-09-03          95521

I agree with all of you above. At first glance I thought wow, what a deal and what a fool this person is. All contact was via email and he left no phone numbers, the free shipping is where I really got suspicious. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login