Go Bottom Go Bottom

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-07          90314

After getting over the initial sticker shock of $16000 for a TC 33 with FEL I'm about ready to go. I have 40 acres of which about half is mowable, 2.5 acres to mow at my homesite, a couple of lots and various dirt work and construction projects. Last chance, is this the best value for me?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
5picker

2004-07-08          90335

I've got a TC33D w/7308 FEL along with several other "goodies" and it works well for me here in Western PA on 32 acres. Just remember whatever machine you buy will have it's limitations. As long as you have enough machine to start with and realize what those limitations are, you'll do just fine.
Tim ....

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-07-09          90482

OK If your over the initial shock, now go price a tc40. If your planning on mowing 20 acres now and then it may be worth the extra bucks. I saved a few $ by going with a gear trany (and see no problem when mowing 10 acres) just put her in gear and drive, same speed that cuts good, no reason to vary it (I have found anyway) For what its worth the 40hp has 1 extra cyl. (4cyl.) A 33 I am sure you will make do with just fine, Like 5picker said, but if you can swing it, you wont be unhappy with a bit more hp for mowing that 20 acres. Good luck go Large!!! ....

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-10          90501

I agree with BROKEN, I go with a least 40 hp.I have the same amount of ground as you and I started with a 790 and learned that with time your plans and ideas will change as mine did, and the 790 wouldn't fit the bill.I traded it in on a 5205 Deere in a little over year and took a bit of a loss in turn,If I would of known what I know now I would of started with more HP. LEARNING AS I GO. ....

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-10          90512

I will tell you this the new tc 33da is a hard tractor to beat. The loader lifts more than the previous 7308 looks are better great power to weight ratio. ....

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-07-12          90699

Oneace
I have to agree with you also, I started looking at the 29 and the 33. The price difference was so little I had decided to go with a 33. The more I shopped around and the more I learned about what I "really" needed I decided to look into the 35. After seeing the differences I settled on the 40 with a gear shift to off set the cost diff. I am totally happy with what I have and so far have not even come close to pushing my limits. (I will get back to you in 2 weeks when it looks like I will be plowing a field that has not been broke in many many years) LOL.
Plots1
I really like the looks of your tractor! The size on it makes it look like one tough ass tractor!!!!Plus you broke that 50hp level, (not that it matters much I guess just the thought is awesome. Some times I wish I would of waited and bought the tc48 but like I said I see no reason so far anyway for me.
Oneace
I did not realize what a good deal we get with the EPP program New Holland has for its employees. I hear alot of these prices and I know they will ultimatley go up. After sitting down and really writting the true offer up they start talkin loaded tires, quick tach/ extra rear valves/folding rops (if not a DA) Etc. etc. LOL You know what I mean. I got my 40hp/fel with almost all the deluxe features along with a woods 6ft rotary cutter, and alot of add ons for just over what 4617847111 is getting his for. I guess I did not really realize how good the program was we have. ....

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-12          90703

Yeah there are good deals for employees out there. I could get one pretty cheap but I really have no need for one Plus that would be just one more thing that i would have to work on after I got off work from working on them. I have nightmares about wrenches driving blue tractors chasing me, It is horrible. ....

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-07-12          90725

Oneace
Pssst. Shhh your supposed to say, " I am always looking for work cause these fine machines just never have any problems!" LOL ....

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
tecknomage

2004-07-20          91425

I read your post about the nightmares, and laughed so hard I cried...

Taking the plunge

View my Photos
oneace

2004-07-20          91482

thanks last nights it was my ratchet and screw driver working together to get me with a skid loader. It is not fun to have to get up in the middle of the night to change your sheets. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login