Go Bottom Go Bottom

HST HC30 Question from 1st time tractor owner

View my Photos
bellaterra
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-26          89398

I'm new to the site and about to become a first time tractor owner. Went to my local New Holland dealership today and am considering a new TC30 with hydrostat transmission. The price is $11,950 with 0% interest for 48 months. I'd be using it around my home with 4.5 acres and in my landscaping business. Can anyone tell me if this is a good choice. My other choice would be a FarmTrac 33hp w/ 4wd and hydro transmission. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention the TC30 is also 4wd.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-26          89399

Between these two I'd certainly go with the TC30. Better dealer support and better reliability. ....

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-06-26          89408

a farm Trac has NO resale value,,the price you have on a hydro is FANTASTIC,,are you sure it is a 2004 and a hydro? if it is hydro, spend the extra $150.00 and have your dealer install cruise control,,it is a VALUE! ....

View my Photos
grassgod
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-26          89414

from one landscaper to anouther, Can you possibly afford one size bigger? Maybe a tc33? Do you also plow snow? Do you mount sanders on the back of your trucks? Loading the sand will be easier with the higher loader reach of the bigger machine. It might be worth spending more now to get what you need, then to outgrow it quickly & hassle with trading it in later. ....

View my Photos
ALDALE

2004-06-27          89434

You should check out the sticking hydro pedal problem. My tc30 pedal sticks under load --worse when cold, in higher ranges and low rpm's. Some say it is a common problem with hydros. I started seeing this after about 6 months (30 hours -- now at 75 hrs). Otherwise, it suits my needs just fine. I haven't decided whether to have the dealer try to repair it (may require splitting the tractor and cause other problens, such as leaks--nothing leaks now) or live with it or sell it.
I don't know if it is getting worse since there so many variables (ambient temperature, temp rise due to running, range, load, hills, and engine speed). ....

View my Photos
bellaterra

2004-06-27          89439

Thanks for the advice. The price is correct...it's a New Holland special that is only good until the end of June (next week) with the 0% financing for 48 months or 60 months at 1.9%

I thought about the TC33 but I would have to go with the 2wd to fit into my budget and it wouldn't have hydro trans. ....

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-06-27          89455

4 wd is a must in my opinion however I personaly prefer gear trans. Ever consider maybe buying used? ....

View my Photos
bellaterra

2004-06-27          89470

Buying used was my first intention, but after exhausting my search (I live in central Mississippi) I have found that for a couple of thousand more I can buy brand new, take advantage of 0% interest which basically offsets the difference in new vs used, and I'll have a warranty. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login