Go Bottom Go Bottom

MMM capabilities

View my Photos
rwacho
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-26          86963

I'm looking to play this weekend and mow a path around my folks farm. It is mostly tall grass that hasn't been cut in a couple of years, no stones (that I recall) or stumps. Will a MMM be ok to use? I plan on picking up my TZ24 tomorrow with FEL and MMM.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MMM capabilities

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-27          86982

You'r almost asking the ultimate sacrifice form your new MMM. They were never meant to handle such conditions. When you pick up your new machine ask the dealer to rent 3pt. mount rotary mower. Even with the rotary cut it high the first trip then wait a day for the clippings to dry out then cut it again at a lower setting. If it's real heavy clippings you may have to rake them up before you're really ready for the MMM. You'll save more in replacment belts, and possible tractor damage from engine stalling when hot than the rent of a rotary cutter will cost you. "Been there, Done that." Best of luck, Frank. ....

MMM capabilities

View my Photos
rwacho
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-27          87063

Thanks for the advice, I've learn also in the past to sometimes take it! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login