Go Bottom Go Bottom

Retrofit kit for 14LA onto tc29d

View my Photos
horstuff
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-20          83719

Hi. My dealer mentioned that NH told him there MAY be a retrofit kit for the tc29d and tc33d to mount a 14LA loader onto them. I called NH directly to try to get an accurate timeframe, but got the complete runaround (they told me to talk to the dealer, who says he has to hear it from NH!!!). I'm about to buy a tc24D to do alot of finish/detail landscaping work on 1.25 acres, but I had the dealer bring out a tc29D so I could try that also. I guess the tc29d is my dream tractor, IF it had the 14LA loader on it. I don't like the new da's front end changes, so that's out. Aargh..

Any knowledge of whether the 14LA can possibly maybe someday be mounted to a tc29D would be mucho appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-20          83721

I have heard that the reason the 14LA couldn't be put on the older TC29/33's was because the front axle couldn't support the additional lift capacity of the stronger loader. If that's true, then retrofitting the 14LA onto the older machines would require them to downgrade the lift capacity. Something to check into. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-20          83724

I think Ken nailed it.

The limiting factor of any design is the weakest part of the system. A big strong loader is useless if the chassis can't handle it's capacity.

Best of luck.

View my Photos
oneace

2004-04-20          83750

the 14 la will fit the old tc29d you will have an empty hole in the loader mountin bracket but the new da do have a stonger front axle so your lifting ablity would be limited.
off the sublect the new desingn of the da was based around loader work the staced head lights are for better light when the loader is raised. and the look will grow on you.
the tc 29 are going to change to the da as soon as stock runs out. The tc24 are alreadey switch to the da any d's on a dealers lot are all that there is most already have da's ....

View my Photos
4bigblue

2012-05-31          183704

Hello to all; I am a new member and this is my first post. I have a 2000 NH TC33D with only 470 hours; love it. I have been wanting to mount a FEL on my 33D for several years. How I came to join your fine forum was this thread on the 14LA. I have just purchased a brand new, on the pallet, 2006 14LA from a NH dealership that is trying to liquidate some older stock. The unit is pristine and has been stored inside with no weather damage at all. Everything is included plus the quick attach front plate. I don’t want to make you guys sick, so I’m not going to tell you the small amount of money that I paid for it. It will be arriving in a few weeks.

I have read everything there is to read on this issue and understand the limitations of the TC33D’s front axle. I was encouraged with the comments from the member that said the 14LA would mount to the 33D. My 14LA will be coming with the standard 68 inch bucket. I plan on replacing this bucket with a 60 inch or maybe even a 54 inch to help limit the weight on the front axle. What are your feelings on that idea?

My last question is, will the hydraulics and everything else hook up without a lot of modifications? Also, I managed to get a NH service tech to tell me that the 14LA will fit the 33D, but he said he thought that I would have to add a couple of spacers for the frame attachment. He thought that the width of the frame for the 33DA was a little wider than the 33D. Does that make sense to you or will it fit without spacers, the only difference being the extra hole that the member mentioned?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, since I want to be able to start on the installation of my loader when it arrives.

View my Photos
BruceHammers

2013-06-11          187304

I don't think so, I tried to fit 14LA on the older TC29/33's but it simply couldn't work. :( ....

Link:   Hydraulic Installation Kits

View my Photos
Joseph12

2013-07-29          187734

like your website. This is a cool site and I wanted to post a comment to let you know, nice job ....

Link:   construction equipment dealer

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login