Go Bottom Go Bottom

how to sell an almost new TC29D w loader and backhoe

View my Photos
davidkeith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-29          65080

I have a TC29D and am partly responsible for a friend buying one, his vision was to use it around the house , and someday to quit his full time job and do tractor work to feed his family. Well.... he bought the tractor, and did some work around his house , and found out about insurance, truck and trailer expenses to move the tractor and gave up on the idea to use the tractor commercially. So now he is making payments, not making any income and wants to sell , I said I could either sell it here or get advice the best way to sell a 2003 TC29D with front loader and backhoe. less than 150 hours and only 6 months old. I can post it here, and on ebay, but thought if I put this posting up people may have other ideas, or know someone looking to get a $24,000 tractor for whatever is fair, I figgure $19,000 or so email me for more information or with ideas how to sell this almost new unit.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2003-09-30          65115

That's too bad. Hearing about visions that don't work out doesn't make me happy.

I don't have many ideas beyond the obvious ones. Posting here, e-bay etc. is another version of the classified ad. The problem with web classified is potentially getting the tractor to a distant buyer. Shipping ends up costing somebody and it most times comes off the price. I'd try to sell it privately and locally first. Local classified work but I wouldn't go for go for big pricey or long-term ads. There are equipment buy and sell newspapers in most areas.

Some alternatives to do it yourself alone private sales are auction, consignment and broker. You might find an auction that would accept a reserve bit high enough to hedge the risk or you might find that the dealer who sold the tractor feels bad too and would take the tractor on consignment. I believe there are equipment brokers here and there as well. Auctions, consignment and broker deals do have their own costs and often they end up not producing the best end results.

View my Photos
logan1

2004-03-30          81620

I may be interested in buying that tractor. I am also in Ny. If offer is still available please post back and then we can arrange tp make contact. Thanks ....

View my Photos
davidkeith

2004-03-31          81667

sory it sold shortly after this posting ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login