TC35D or TC40D: New Holland Tractor Prices  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review TC35D or TC40D: New Holland Tractor Prices -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-17-2003, 20:09 Post: 47690
Joe3
2003-01-17 20:09:56
 TC35D or TC40D

I've had my mind made up on purchasing a new TC35D until I stumbled upon this web site. I've been glued to the monitor reading all this info that I had no idea about. It seems there are more tractor owners out there that think the TC35D is framed too big for it's engine. I have 10 acres to finish mow and about 1 mile of gravel road to take care of. I plan on getting a 6'finishing mower, box blade, and front end loader. Any suggestions for a first time buyer?
Thank you,
Joe

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

01-17-2003, 20:42 Post: 47692
Pacesetter

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 TC35D or TC40D

Joe, I've had a lot of fun looking at tractors. I haven't made my absolute final decision yet, but what I can relate what have learned about the NH Boomers and tractors in general. First, I love the ergonomics on the Boomers. They are great to get on and off of. They also give a good view in all directions and the swivel seat is a big plus and very comfortable. The supersteer model is amazing if you have any very tight areas to manuver through. General feedback I have read is the owners love them. There are a few problems you should be aware of with the class III's . Some have a problem with the engine running too cool. Under certain conditions, while using a loader, the fan can hit the fan shroud. The instruments can fog up and the hydro pedals have been known to come through with faulty welds. Nothing major and all covered under warranty, just so you are aware. General rule, buy the most horsepower in the size that is right for you that you can afford. For NH that means the TC24, TC33 and TC45. You are right! The TC35 is generally considered underpowered for the frame size. It also gives up 3-pt and loader lift capacity to the larger class III's. Don't forget, part of feeling comfortable with the tractor is feeling comfortable with the dealer. Don't underestimate that factor and good luck with your decision. BTW: Most all of what I mentioned can be found on the other popular tractor site, T B N.
Pacesetter

01-21-2003, 14:00 Post: 47888
AC5ZO

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 TC35D or TC40D

I was considering the TC35, but I bought the TC45 because the price was not that much different and extra power is always a plus. I live in the mountains, so even the TC45 only produces about 38 real horsepower. It works well, but I am glad that I didn't go with the smaller engine.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Thread 47690 Filter by Poster:
AC5ZO 1 | Joe3 1 | Pacesetter 1 |

Most Viewed

+ NEW HOLLAND TC33DA PRICE $4200?
+ Boomer 2030 Price?
+ Possible strike?
+ My experiance with New Holland
+ New Holland TC-18
+ Ford 1620 Deal or No-Deal??
+ looking for NH compact tractor.
+ Price check TC30
+ 2009 nh 3040