Power down on 3pt hitch?: New Holland Tractor Prices  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Power down on 3pt hitch?: New Holland Tractor Prices -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 11-09-2002, 11:40 Post: 44790
dvh
2002-11-09 11:40:08
 Power down on 3pt hitch?

I'm shopping for a TC33D. Does the 3pt hitch have "power down" or does it operate by gravity and only with the weight of the implement attached? When digging post holes on clay soil I'll need the extra power on the rear implement. Any help on this appreciated.

Also, "live" for the PTO means it is always activated? Any problems with this and MMM's? Any major benefits to having independent PTO on the larger machines?

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

11-09-2002, 14:19 Post: 44792
Peters

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Power down on 3pt hitch?

It is confusing for the most of us as different manufacures use different terms to mean the same thing.
An independent PTO means that the PTO can be turned on and off independent of the transmission. Live means that there is a 2 stage clutch and the PTO is live while you shift gears. The transmission driven PTO drives of the gears in the transmission so it stops when the clutch is depressed. A large mass impliment like a rotory cutter can cause the tractor to move with the momentum even when the clutch is depressed.
There is a lot of discussion on this topic. I believe it was mentioned that the only compact tractors to have a standard draft control is the Kioti DK series. I don't know how this system is plumped the only tractor I have had with draft control is a 65 MF 65, the newer system on the large tractors work much differently but it was mentioned that it was useful for the post hole digging.

11-09-2002, 14:19 Post: 44793
Peters

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Power down on 3pt hitch?

It is confusing for the most of us as different manufacures use different terms to mean the same thing.
An independent PTO means that the PTO can be turned on and off independent of the transmission. Live means that there is a 2 stage clutch and the PTO is live while you shift gears. The transmission driven PTO drives of the gears in the transmission so it stops when the clutch is depressed. A large mass impliment like a rotory cutter can cause the tractor to move with the momentum even when the clutch is depressed.
There is a lot of discussion on this topic. I believe it was mentioned that the only compact tractors to have a standard draft control is the Kioti DK series. I don't know how this system is plumped the only tractor I have had with draft control is a 65 MF 65, the newer system on the large tractors work much differently but it was mentioned that it was useful for the post hole digging.

11-09-2002, 18:16 Post: 44800
TC29 in Wa.
2002-11-09 00:00:00
 Power down on 3pt hitch?

Yes live PTO does have a two stage clutch. To define this a little more. The PTO is shifted in and out with a seperate lever, yet still using the clutch. Yes you can operate the tractor with the PTO disengaged. Or while engaged, you can stop the tractors motion or shift by pressing the clutch pedal halfway. And you can disengage the PTO, as well as freewheel the tractor by pressing the clutch all the way in.

11-09-2002, 18:22 Post: 44801
TC29 in Wa.
2002-11-09 00:00:00
 Power down on 3pt hitch?

Currently I don't know of any compact tractors with power down on there 3pt hithes. In fact I don't beleive there are very many full size farm tractors with power down. You may have to look at getting a hydraulicly operated auger head to hang from your loader arms. Much like a Bobcat uses.

11-10-2002, 02:03 Post: 44808
jeff r

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Power down on 3pt hitch?

You are most correct TC29 in Washington.

11-10-2002, 08:18 Post: 44816
TomG

TP Contributor

Power down on 3pt hitch?

The reverse of down-pressure is that the hitch couldn't raise. A hitch inadvertently operated in this mode would likely break something if an implement couldn't float up and over obstructions. At minimum it would lift the rear wheels and break traction. I still haven't called the Belarus dealer to find out if any of the current models have 3ph down-pressure.

An auger with a down-pressure kit sounds like the best bet to me. The kit is made for the auger so you don't have to second-guess design limitations. The kits aren't too expensive, especially if a rear hydraulic outlet already is there. A cheaper alternative is to simply hang a sandbag or two on the boom. I'd keep in mind that with down-pressure or extra weight an auger can dig faster than you can stop it with the 3ph quadrant lever. Then, you can't get the auger out easily unless it's a hydraulic auger that reverses or the Kubota that needs the PTO reversed could be borrowed.

11-10-2002, 19:04 Post: 44839
DVH
2002-11-10 00:00:00
 Power down on 3pt hitch?

Thanks everyone for the input on the PTO and "power down" 3pt hitch issue. Greatly appreciated.

12-08-2002, 23:40 Post: 45897
kh
2002-12-08 00:00:00
 Power down on 3pt hitch?

I have a power down kit on my post hole digger that operates off the rear hydrallics. If I just drop the auger to the ground, then applie full force to the ram, it completily lifts the tractor off of the ground. Therefore, one can see how easily this unit punches holes in the ground.The down force kit runs around $400.00-$500.00. Unless your drilling in loam, this would be a wise purchase.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Thread 44790 Filter by Poster:
dvh 2 | jeff r 1 | kh 1 | Peters 2 | TC29 in Wa. 2 | TomG 1 |

Most Viewed

+ NEW HOLLAND TC33DA PRICE $4200?
+ Boomer 2030 Price?
+ Possible strike?
+ My experiance with New Holland
+ New Holland TC-18
+ Ford 1620 Deal or No-Deal??
+ looking for NH compact tractor.
+ Price check TC30
+ 2009 nh 3040