Need front grill for ford 1900: New Holland Tractor Prices  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Need front grill for ford 1900: New Holland Tractor Prices -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 08-02-2002, 13:31 Post: 40935
Tonyr
2002-08-02 13:31:05
 Need front grill for ford 1900

Does anyone know of any inexpensive after market companies for a front grill for a ford 1900? I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thankyou, Tony.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

08-03-2002, 08:49 Post: 40959
TomG

TP Contributor

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

'Inexpensive' almost certainly excludes a new one from NH. Tractor sheet metal is very expensive. Even if a used one were found, the expensive of new ones makes the price of used parts pretty dear as well.

There are a few parts like seats and maybe some fenders that are generic enough so that they can be sold as universal parts. The potential markets are large enough to attract after-market manufacturers. Most parts are fairly unique. The demand for new parts is so small that they're virtually custom made.

NH probably farms out production to an independent manufacturer and orders a production run whenever they're out of inventory. The costs of keeping such parts in their system probably are greater than anything saved by a short production run longer than 'custom made.' If the NH inventory system is out of stock, it could be a long wait in addition to being wallet emptying.

it seems like it's almost impossible to avoid 'custom made' prices for this type part. One alternative might be to start out 'custom made' and see what a local metal fabricator can come up with. It might not look the same but it might do the job and be cheaper than any replacement part.

08-04-2002, 08:28 Post: 40974
Tonyr
2002-08-04 00:00:00

Thanks for the reply Tom. New Holland wants about $250.00 for the 3 pieces of the grill (without the headlight assemblys) which is starting to look inexpensie now since there are no aftermarket alternatives. Or, I may try to fabricate my own grill since it's not that inportant to me to have it look completely original. It runs great but needs a lot of cosmetic work to the sheet metal. It was used in a construction company and got banged around alot. I'm not sure how far I want to go with it but i would like it to look as good as it runs. Again, I want to thank you for the help. Tony

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Thread 40935 Filter by Poster:
TomG 1 | Tonyr 2 |

Most Viewed

+ NEW HOLLAND TC33DA PRICE $4200?
+ Boomer 2030 Price?
+ Possible strike?
+ My experiance with New Holland
+ New Holland TC-18
+ Ford 1620 Deal or No-Deal??
+ looking for NH compact tractor.
+ Price check TC30
+ 2009 nh 3040