Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC33 price

View my Photos
MEvans
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-20          171673

I am new to the forum, so we'll see if I get this post right. I have a chance to buy a TC33A. I believe it had an A after TC33. The price is $5000. The hour meter says 408 and the owner says the cable broke about 50 hrs ago. I notice the seat doesn't look like the ones I see on Tractor House so I think it's been replaced. Standard 3 speed trans. There's no attachments, just the bare tractor. It looks to be in good shape. I need a tractor with a loader and was thinking I could add one to this tractor. It seems like a good price. What would it cost to add a loader. I'm curious what you folks think of this deal. Thanks for the help, Mark

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC33 price

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-20          171675

Attachments are inexpensive and go on easily -- but a front loader is the exception. Besides, tractors don't do any work (towing excepted); it's the attachments. So decide what work you'll do and look for a package. And a seat COULD wear enough to need replacing in 550 hours, but 5500 is more likely. ....

TC33 price

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-06-20          171677

Quite a few things that will give clues to the actual hours on the tractor. Does the tractor look like it always sat out in the weather, the paint faded a bit, rubber mouldings etc. look weathered or cracked. At 500 hrs the tires shouldn't show much wear yet, do they look worn, mismatched or replaced? Control levers, steering wheel, clutch and brake pedal wear, like the accelerator pedal in a car that is claimed to have 85,000 but the rubber is worn off the gas and brake pedals. The wear in a drawbar hole, three point arms, etc. Lots of ways to detect 500 from 5000 hrs. Many things can happen to a seat, the dog chewed it up, etc. but a new seat at 500 hrs. does raise a bit of suspicion.
I won't even guess on the value of the tractor, but do look before you leap. ....

TC33 price

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-20          171680

Have you seen this in person? Did you find this on craigslist?

Here's my take on it:

I have a 2002 TC33D predecessor to the TC33DA. (The D stands for deluxe. It has a squarish but swooping hood with a rectangular wrap around grille--the DA came out in '03/'04 and has weird looking tall, angular sloping headlights between a trapezodal grille----I call them bug eyes or angry eyes). All the hood and fenders are plastic. There was a TC33 but it had all steel hood and fenders and was dated looking---it was a repainted/rebadged, outdated Ford.

I bought mine new and has 800 hours now.

Generally the paint is very high quality and doesn't fade.

But. What doesn't make sense is the hour meter is not cable driven--it's electric.

In 2002 mine sold for over $16K. Today it's nearly double that. $5000--sure if the engine is blown. That same tractor is fetching $12-18K around here---sometimes $26 with a loader.

Can't tell you why I feel this, but I'm going out on a limb here but I have a hunch it's stolen. Just a gut feeling.

Ask him where and when he bought it. And confirm his story. Write down the serial number then call local dealers and see if that number is in their system as they have a stolen machine alert, or may have worked on it and have the service history.

Also call your local police or local police of where the unit is and see if it has been reported stolen---you will need the all important serial number though. I forget where it is but look under the hood on the fire wall or on a tag under the machine sort of directly under the floor on the trans casting. ....

TC33 price

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-06-21          171687

Further to Earthwork's helpful comments, also go to LawnSite.com (a huge site designed mainly for the lawn-care industry) and Search for "stolen," which will bring you to a large set of posts.

And the main reason for the switch from cable-driven to electronic meters is that the latter are extremely reliable.

Smells fishy. ....

TC33 price

View my Photos
MEvans

2010-06-21          171714

Thanks to all of you for the inpute. The tractor is just down the road from where I work and it's not a road that is traveled by very many people, so I doubt many people that are in the market for a tractor have seen it. I'ts been there for about a month. I'll take another look at it.
Thanks, Mark ....

TC33 price

View my Photos
cutter

2010-06-23          171778

Keep in mind that you should use approved NH attachments, especially the loader. There have been cases of that brand of tractor breaking the castings due to no sub-frame support. FYI you may want to price prior to purchase. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login