Go Bottom Go Bottom

Price on a TC40

View my Photos
creekmerc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-03          154208

Needs some help here. I am looking at a TC40 2004 model, with 1800 hours. Good shape and comes with a loader, backhoe, rotary tiller, bushhog, box blade, rake, and forks for the loader. I know the price is right at $8,000 but what do ya'll think the machine is worth? I was thinking around $15,000 with all those implements. Appreciate the help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Price on a TC40

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-04          154210

Creekmerc,

The average compact tractor sees about 100 hours of use per year, here in the U.S. This means, on average, a tractor with 1800 hours on it would be about 18 years old.

The tractor you're looking at has 1800 hours on it? Is that correct? If so, you're likely looking at a tractor that was used commercially, possibly by a landscaping company, or by a home builder.

I would look for a different tractor. There are a whole lot of compact tractors out there looking for good homes, and many of them have less than 100 hours on the meter. Implements for compact tractors can be had relatively cheap at auction sales.

You might be better off doing a little more shopping. For only a few thousand dollars more, you could get a near-new machine.

Of course, I'm well aware of the fact that it's a whole lot easier for somebody else to spend YOUR money. hehehe. Even so, I was once in your position, and I'm glad I waited things out. I found myself a tractor with loader and belly mower for $4000 less, just by waiting things out a couple of months.

Have fun shopping. If you haven't yet been to tractorhouse.com, please give it a try.

Joel

Price on a TC40

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-04          154211

Creekmerc,

Just for the sake of comparisons.........

Here's a 1985 model Kubota L4630 HST with only 145 hours on it. This machine is 23 years old, but has seen very LITTLE use.

This isn't always a good thing either, as the engine and hydraulic oils probably haven't been changed but one time in all those years. I'd steer clear of this one, as well.

See the link below.

Joel

Link:   1985 Kubota L4630 HST with 145 hours.

Price on a TC40

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-06-09          154450

Joel I think that model year is an error. My buddy's '87 looks nothing like it. If I had to guess I'd say it's late '90s. ....

Price on a TC40

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-06-09          154451

Earthwrks,

It's entirely possible that the model year is posted incorrectly. Until the error is corrected, if needed, I would overlook that old (new?) tractor entirely.

Joel

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login