Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC40DA in my future

View my Photos
tromba1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-07          140285

Gentlemen,
After reading several threads on TC35DA and TC40DA, I finally have decided to get the extra HP of the TC40DA. Would appreciate input on what add-ons, and options would be most beneficial to protect my investment from a sometimes careless operator. (me) The wife gave the go ahead tonight and my local dealer has two on his lot. Based on your collective experience, what would be the "Can't do without" add-ons and protection options? Thanks for a great site.

George

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC40DA in my future

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-07          140286

What are your main uses for it going to be? Any ground engaging implements? What's your property like, hilly or flat, rocky, thorny, trees, etc. The one thing that is a must-have is a loader. There are so many uses for those you'll wonder how you ever lived without. ....

TC40DA in my future

View my Photos
tromba1

2007-03-08          140291

Thanks for the welcome. I have a 21 acre horse farm and presently clearing 3 more acres of trees. Just large stumps left to grind from trees too big for my ASV HD4520 to handle. Used it for the heavy work with GP bucket and root grapple. Now planning to sell it and replace with the TC40DA w/FEL. I have a box blade, landscape rake, PTO driven tiller, reversable pull grading blade. The TC40DA will have filled tires(antifreeze), the FEL,and the Grill guard as delivered. My dealer does the tire fill on all units equipped with FEL as a matter of course. Gravel and dirt moving and road maintenance as well as barn area grading and soil replenishment are in the future. Round pen and riding arena maintenace also.
Glad to be aboard and look forward to viewing site as often as I can. This place is a great source of information and experience. Thanks to all. ....

TC40DA in my future

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-08          140313

A lot of guys like the Supersteer on those machines. They do increase maneuverability but in tight quarters like your barn but also can cause some issues. It used to be that the SS axle would reduce loader capacity some but that may not be the case anymore. I like a hydro transmission for it's infinite speed ranges but if you're doing lots of ground engagement work a gear pulls better. Tires? Personally I really dislike R4s since they are really stiff and don't get good traction in clay soil wet or dry. But if you work on both turf and in rougher areas they may be the best bet. The NH guys can probably speak more to the specifics of the TC40. ....

TC40DA in my future

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2007-04-06          141103

Loader, no questions asked hands down IMO.
Anything else you need you can justify it later but you will always find use for a loader esp. with a 21 acre horse farm.
Thats my choice.
(hmm, I was told that right here about 3-4 years ago, they were right then and I think they are still right ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login