Go Bottom Go Bottom

NEW HOLLAND SMALL TRACTOR QUESTIONS

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-09-23          135388

What's your opinion of the New Holland garden tractors and their lawn tractors?
Got a chance to buy one for $4500.
It's a LS 19 I think.
What do you think of the price?----->> >>

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
JimP

2006-09-23          135390

Why?????

From your own profile:
======================
Equipment:
2004 Kubota BX23 Tractor/FEL/Backhoe/60" MMM
1995 MTD lawn tractor 46" MMM.
1966 BOLENS 850 garden tractor
1967 BOLENS 850 garden tractor
48" front blade - tiller & two 38" MM Mowers. These 4 items fit either one of the Bolens Tractors.

Property:
2.33 A Res. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-09-23          135391

*Why?????

From your own profile:
======================
Equipment:
1*2004 Kubota BX23 Tractor/FEL/Backhoe/60" MMM
2*1995 MTD lawn tractor 46" MMM.
3*1966 BOLENS 850 garden tractor
4*1967 BOLENS 850 garden tractor

*To replace # 2 that blew up a few weeks ago.

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-23          135392

I have a 1990 14hp for $500 if you want it south west of Detroit. I put $450 into the new engine and another $300 in spindles and blades, and battery 2 years ago and put maybe 5 hours on it the very most. I gave it to my buddy who lets me use his property---he used it a few times and gave it back and bought a used walk-behind.

I was going to take the mower off and use it a mule or make it into a go-cart for the neices.

Just like today's Home Depot tractors, it a piece of crap to be honest. I found the original paperwork and it sold in 1990 for $2400! You are just paying for a name---I'll bet the machine was made MTD or some other low quality mfg. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-09-23          135393

1*Just like today's Home Depot tractors, it a piece of crap to be honest. I found the original paperwork and it sold in 1990 for $2400!
2*You are just paying for a name---I'll bet the machine was made by MTD or some other low quality mfg.

earthwrks

1*Translated MTD
2*I've heard that
NH's garden tractors, and their ZTRs, are made under contract by Toro. They have the same specs and same features as the Toro lawn/garden tractors.
Also A Toro salesman told me yesterday MTD is making tractors for Toro.
Probably one and one half times more at a Toro dealer than for the same junk at a box store or twice as much at a NH Dealer for the same crap.

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-09-23          135398

So... ibrown, have you answered your own question about NH garden/lawn tractors?
And when ya comin' by to pick mine up? Make the check out to...

View my Photos
Art White

2006-09-23          135399

Mtd builds to many different price markets in many different indusries. They have the ability to build at many different levels of quality and they do. It just depends on what you spend! ....

View my Photos
oneace

2006-09-24          135447

That is too much money for any LS series. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2006-09-24          135448

I am assuming it is new? ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-09-25          135451

That is too much money for any LS series.

oneace
----->>.....>>>
So what would be the correct price range for one?

View my Photos
oneace

2006-09-25          135459

That would be the right price for a brand new machine fully optioned out. For a used one I would say maybe $1500 in good to excellent condition. A used GT series mower will go for a about $4500 and then you would have a very nice mower. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-09-25          135463

That would be the right price for a brand new machine fully optioned out. For a used one I would say maybe $1500 in good to excellent condition.
1*A used GT series mower will go for a about $4500 and then you would have a very nice mower.
oneace
==========
I went and looked at the Tractor this morning.
Turns out It's a 2004 MY 19 with a 52'' deck left over inventory with 0 hours priced at #4500 and still carries the full factory 2 year warranty.
When I got back home I called another dealer and they also have one just like it left over from the 2004 inventory and zero hours too / same warranty for $4650. This one was never stored out side.
I called a 3rd dealer and they can order me a new 2006 MY19 with the 52'' deck for $5900.
What is your thoughts on these 3 offers?
Which one would you choose?

View my Photos
oneace

2006-09-26          135477

In that case I would go with the first one you mentioned. Being new and having a full warranty. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2006-09-26          135483

What in hell would anyone pay 5K for a garden tractor for?
Unless it has breasts and is a mute why in heck would ya?
I need to hear some reasoning on this? It looks to have a fine engine in it (much better than anything with a MTD name on it) BTW, I agree with Art 100% there is another level they build at for the "name tractors"

The consumer report was saying that most yard tractors including the john deere home depot models are built to last 250 hrs.
Wonder what these are built to last for? Maybe it is cost effective although my $1800 cub cadet (which I got off season for 1500) has a helluva tight turning radius.
This is what I cut and pasted from new hollands web page

MY Yard Tractors
Tough on yard work. Easy on you.
The new MY yard tractors from New Holland offer reliability and maneuverability that allow you to make fast work of yard work. The 16-inch turning radius is second to none, and that means you work efficiently, even when your yard seems like an obstacle course. You can quickly mow around trees and landscaped beds. And, each MY model is packed with features you'd expect to find on a larger, garden-type tractor, so you can tackle tough mowing jobs and yard chores with ease.
Two-cylinder, commercial-grade Kawasaki engines power the larger 17-horsepower MY17 and 19-horsepower MY19, offering dependable performance and long life. A reliable, fuel-efficient, one-cylinder Kohler engine powers the 16-horsepower MY16.
The two-pedal hydrostatic transmission controls are smooth and extremely easy to operate. Just press the front of the pedal to go forward and press on your heel to move in reverse. There's no need to clutch or shift. Cruise control (MY17 and MY19) is a convenient feature, especially when mowing large areas.
Rugged construction allows MY yard tractors to endure years of heavy-duty work with attachments. The front axle and spindles are cast iron. And, the welded steel angle frame offers added durability compared to the stamped sheet metal design used by some competitive units.
A step-through operator platform, simple controls and easy-to-read instrumentation make MY yard tractors comfortable and simple to operate. The contoured, high-back seat provides ultimate comfort and adjusts for a perfect fit without tools. The automotive-style steering wheel also tilts to fit each operator. A cup holder is provided for added convenience.
A wide-mouth, four-gallon gas tank reduces spills and provides for extended operation between fill-ups.
The MY hood tips forward for complete engine access. Ease of servicing is a built-in feature of MY yard tractors. It's possible to change a belt in 15 minutes since there's no need to disassemble the steering support brackets, tie rods or gear sector, as is required on other mowers.
New EZ-Latch™ system makes switching between attachments easier than ever. A single-pin point pickup is simple to adjust and lock.
Electro-hydraulic lift feature (MY19 only) raises or lowers decks or implements at the push of a button. The models MY16 and MY17 feature a lift assist spring that allows you to easily lift heavier attachments.
New, improved mower decks are easier to install and remove. Choose from:
42-inch side discharge
48-inch side discharge
52-inch side discharge (MY17 and MY19 only)

Optional mulching kits create fine-cut grass clippings (48- and 52-inch decks).
A hose connector makes it easy to flush the bottom of the mower deck clean. Easy, side-to-side deck leveling allows you to achieve an excellent cut quality.
Mower height adjustment is as easy as moving a selector lever to choose a height between one and four inches.
A selection of attachments/accessories allows MY yard tractors to work for you season after season.
Models HP Engine Type Transmission Attachment Lift System
MY16 16 1-cylinder Kohler Command Hydrostatic Manual
MY17 17 2-cylinder Kawasaki Hydrostatic Manual
MY19 19 2-cylinder Kawasaki Hydrostatic Power

© 2006 CNH America LLC

View my Photos
oneace

2006-09-26          135484

Why pay $5000? I have seen many of the New Holland/ Toro tractors with 2000 or more hours with no major repairs. Also the Kawasaki engine is second to none. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2006-09-28          135526

In 1988 I purchased a "Ford" lawn tractor, I believe it was a LY series, 16HP, twin cylinder Briggs engine, hydrostatic drive, with a 48" mower deck. It listed for $2995, but as it was end of the season in October I got it for $1995.

I sold the tractor in June 2004 for $350. The tractor mowed 2 acres weekly during the season and occasionally a neighbors yard or two.

Other than routine maintenance I only experienced minor problems that I was able to repair.

I bet today's Lowes/Home depot lawn tractors wouldn't have lasted 16 years. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login