Go Bottom Go Bottom

Recommendations and pricing TC Series

View my Photos
MackVision
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-02          111866

I live in the Northeast Ohio area and have been pricing the NH's and Kubota's.
1. I have read other posts on here and it seems that prices for larger tractors doesnt seem all that different than the smaller ones. I have primarily been looking at the NH TC24DA and 26DA with 12LA loader and 60" midmount deck. We have several NH dealers in this area and these are the price quotes I have gotten, this is the combo Package: $18,250, $18,525, and the other was $20,000. After reading some of the other posts, it seems that for around the same dollar range and implements some of you have gotten TC33DA's. So basically I just want to know if this is fair pricing for this region or is it a Gouge? The one dealer wanted to put me in a Case DX24 that was a left over 2004 for $10,400 w/o loader.
I am taking opinions so that way I know if I am looking for the correct tractor:
mowing 3.5 to 4 acres, cutting and dragging trees out of the woods for winter home heating, landscape projects such as laying mulch and leveling gravel driveway. Will this be enough tractor of what is the bang for the buck Compact to get?
Thanks in advance

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-02          111870

Bang for the buck is the TC30, plain and simple yet balls to the wall. ....

View my Photos
bubbafrank
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-06-02          111883

Three years ago a good friend bought a TC40DA (He loves it)Looked like a big machine to me. I've been jealous and tire kicking since then.I have only looked at the famous three and would not consider any others. IMHO the orange and green tractors lack style,although the green tractors now have a curved loader which looks much better. I was suprised by the high price of the smaller tractors compared to the larger HP. I took delivery of my TC45DA last Friday and absolutely love it. If you can swing the extra cash move up, 3 years 0% hard to beat. ....

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2005-06-03          111891

Hi, I also live in Northeast Ohio. My thoughts on the pricing would be to check the prices from internet dealer and see how they compare to your local dealers prices. When I was shopping for my TC33D two years ago I was able to use this information in my search and found a couple of dealers who offered me the same price, of course I had to pay Ohio sales tax for the local tractor. I don't use my tractor to mow but from the sound of things you intend on using yours do a lot of yard work so possibly the lightest tractor with the turf tires would be a good choice. I have R-4's on mine and when going in the yard I leave some marks unless the ground is really firm although some of that could be caused by having 300# of rear wheel weights. It was mentioned on another forum that in the Class I Boomers [35,40,45] the same amount of power was being transmitted to the ground by the hydro no matter which model you owned so if that is the case with the Class II's the only thing you gain is pto hp by going to a higher hp model. I have pulled logs out of the woods with my tractor and a friend of mine has doen the same with his 1720 I believe which is a 26 hp. I've rambled on long enough so good luck with your search. ....

View my Photos
MackVision

2005-06-03          111903

Tractor Brad:
Thank you for your input. I was considering the R4's over the turf because some of what I will be mowing is in somewhat wet area due to underground springs being not so far underground. I should have mentioned 3.5 is the minimum of what I mow, total owned is 5.5 with the woods. I considered the TZ's but was concerned of ground clearance for going back in the woods with it, on top of that, pricing for the TZ's is not that great a difference to its bigger TC brothers. What Model do you have?
I will continue to price here on the net. I havent had much luck finding dealers with price listings, just showing the unit, and the quotes that I put on here for the models that I am looking at, do the seem reasonable??My pricing goes as such. TC26DA with 60" midmount mowing deck= $14,750, 12LA loader=$3500.00 and of course tax. This is from the dealer who seems the best and most honest. Just need to know if this is a bit on the high side or fair...the search goes on, and thanks again ....

View my Photos
jsebert

2005-06-04          111936

There is a dealer in North East Indiana that has a TC48DA 4WD, loader with quick attach bucket, grill, arm rests, rear work light, and scraper box with only 35 HOURS on it for $21,900. I suspect they might cut you a deal and take enough off so you could buy a rear finish mower. It is at Topeka New Holland Phone 260-593-2345. Ask for Carroll, Ralph or Shad. Hopes this helps.

http://www.equipment-locator.com/asp/eDetails.aspx?eqID=217044&eID=1&loc=na-en ....

View my Photos
spartan

2005-06-10          112160

I got a price of $24,012 (includes sales tax) for a TC40DA with 16LA loader, R4's, grill guard, quick attach, and loaded tires. I don't really need such a big tractor, but you are right it is 18K for a TC24, 21K for a 33, 22K for a 35, so you might as well get into a great tractor !! I thought this was a pretty good deal. Tarheel was about $1000 less even after factoring in their shipping, but it's not worth it to not buy locally. ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2005-06-10          112164

If you're using it to mow the lawn and other field,garden and woods work, I'd recommend the TC33-series tractors. But if it won't be used for mowing the lawn, I'd say TC40 all the way.

Good luck,
Bill ....

View my Photos
MackVision

2005-06-11          112225

I priced another dealer here and they gave the best quote overall. They were not very forth coming with info, I did alot of the talking. They also sold another brand that I was shaky on from the beginning, and I will continue to focus Blue, and 2nd place would be orange. However, TC26DA w/ FEL, MMM, Rear blade minus tax 18859. I have compared this to other invoices that I have, and they were lowest in all except the MMM, that had the biggest difference in price. None the less, the tractor might have to wait till I sell my truck. It is for sale, lots of lookers , but no bites...! After that sale, it is TRACTOR TIME!...hopefully soon!
Later for now, and I will post pics when all is said and done! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-06-11          112239

You seem to shun the Case DX24 that is a year old, why? It seems to be a good price! ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-06-12          112260

Art is right. It is the same tractor as the 26 same engine trans ect. The 26 has the fuel boosted a little bit. All dealers and CNH are liquidating the TC 24 and the DX24 to clear out stock. Now would be the best time to buy one. ....

View my Photos
MackVision

2005-06-13          112323

If you are referring to the first post, that my my bad....I looked at the invoice again from the dealer, and I didnt when I put on the message, and it was for a leftover 2004 DX24E, not DX24....which as you may know if the same as TZ....I will need TC for ground clearance issues for the woods...I have ruled out the mowers on steroids at this point....Good price however, just wont suit my needs.... ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-06-13          112332

That is a good choice then. ....

View my Photos
tinkman

2005-06-29          112908

Interesting comment about different tractors allegedly putting the same hp to the wheels. The problem with that theory would be - where to the additional ponies go? Once the engine produces the power, it's got to go to an output source - PTO, axle, or heat.

That one seems a little far-fetched to me. ....

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-06-29          112910

Mack it seems your uses are very similar to mine. I've owned a TC33D for three years now and it has performed wonderfully. I could not be happier I think anything smaller and you will be disappointed. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login