Go Bottom Go Bottom

Do these prices seem reasonable

View my Photos
RGrizzle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-13          111017

Just returned from a NH dealer and got the following prices for a new TC33DA with super steer and R4 tires w/ 15LA quick attach loader and SQ600 rotary cutter.

TC33DA - 15780
15LA loader - 4838
SQ600 cutter - 1050

Total $21,668 plus tax.

This tractor has been setting on the lot for several months. He told me he was getting out of the small CUT market and was making me a great deal. The tractor seemed fairly reasonable but the loader seemed very high when I have compared it to others. Would appreciate any opinions or experience in this area. I really like the tractor but was thinking more in the 20k area. am I unreasonsable? since he trying to get rid of this model I was thinking more in the 14's for the tractor and 3's for the loader. I already have a price from another dealer on the cutter for under 1k so I'm sure he would match it. My budget is limited so if he is pricing it right I don't want to waste my time.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-13          111035

He is not cutting you any deal, that is the average retail price of the bare unit. We sell the loaders for $4,200 so he is a little high on that. ....

View my Photos
kskwash

2005-05-14          111042

He is not making your any special deals at that price. ....

View my Photos
RGrizzle

2005-05-14          111052

Thanks for the info. I also felt the loader was over priced when compared to the JD loaders I had priced (300x and 300cx). Considering that the dealer wants to get out of the small CUTS business with NH (he deals mostly in Kubotas) what do you think is a good price on this tractor? I was thinking somewhere between 14 to 14.5k on the tractor and 3800 to 4k on the loader. He had 4 TC33DA on the lot but only one was hydro. I can live with or without the supersteer but I don't want to pay extra for it just because it there but I do want hydro. The salesman also said they had only sold 3 of these tractors all last year and judging by the looks of the seat on this one it had been there a very long time! Any opinions appreciated. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-14          111054

If the dealer is getting out of the small CUT business who will service your machine under warranty? It's worth some extra to go with a dealer that will be around. ....

View my Photos
RGrizzle

2005-05-14          111055

It's a large well established dealship but does not sell the NH small CUTs well. He has a very large Kubota business and does well with the NH TC40's and up. NH has a hard time competing in the small tractor market here against Kubota. From what I could find out from the salesman the TC29's and TC33's hardly sell at all, not because they are not well built tractors but Kubota eats them alive on price. They are kind of the Walmart of the Tractor business here. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-05-14          111059

Don't know what he is talking about we also sell both and Kubota can not touch New Holland on apples to apples pricing. ....

View my Photos
kskwash

2005-05-15          111067

My dealer sells both NH and Kubota, and the Kubota's are higher in price for every line. But the real question, is will this dealer that you are purchasing from, service your smaller tractor in the same time line as his other larger tractor customers. If the majority of his machines are 40 + hp, will he be putting the bigger tractors in front of you, and keep pushing you back in line, when it comes to servicing the machines. ....

View my Photos
RGrizzle

2005-05-15          111069

Good point on the maintanence. I have always done most of my own service work and since this dealership is about 70 miles away I doubt I'll be hauling the tractor back for regular service unless something major happens. On the price issue I can only guess that it's from the competition, there are several Kubota dealers around here and only two or three New Holland. Even this dealer was pushing the Kubota over the New Holland. Could be the profit margin is higher or there is less competitive pressure for the New Holland brand. Kubota is very popular here and everybody sells them. There is only one JD dealership close around here and he sticks to the MSRP from JD, but then he really makes his money selling landscape equipment and the tractors are more of a side line. After about two months of looking and talking to several dealers and people who have purchased tractors over the past couple of years Kubota is preferred for price and reliability. I just liek this particular tractor and it would fit my needs just want to pay a reasonable price. ....

View my Photos
tractorbrad

2005-05-16          111113

When shopping and eventually buying my TC33D back in mid 2003 I found the Deere's and Kubota's to be higher priced. Check the prices of some of the internet dealers and see if your dealer will compete with them. It's a great size and powered machine and you won't be disappointed with one. If the dealer is a good dealer then you won't have any problems should service be needed in the future and if he is not a good dealer then look else where for your tractoring needs as no matter what color you buy from him you won't be happy. ....

View my Photos
RGrizzle

2005-05-17          111193

Well I just got off the phone with the dealer again and now have the following prices:

TC33DA w/supersteer & R4's (tires loaded) - 14,400
15LA Quick attach loader w/ hd bucket w/ tooth bar and grill guard - 4600
Sq600 rotary cutter - 975

Total - 19,975

sounds like a doable deal.

View my Photos
oneace

2005-05-17          111200

That is a nice deal.

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-05-18          111212

Grizz I would make sure you try the tractor especially some loader work with the supersteer. I was all ready to get SS until I tried it. I did not like it at all for loader work. In fact I really did not like it for anything, you may love all I am saying is try it an make sure. You don't want to have to live with it and not like it. Good luck with your purchase. ....

View my Photos
RGrizzle

2005-05-18          111220

I am concerned about the supersteer. I am going to the dealership on Saturday and spend a little time on this tractor. The bad part is that it does not have a loader attached and I do understand that there is a learning curve to working a loader with supersteer. This the only tractor he has with suppersteer so unless I can get them to attach a loader I really want get the real experience. I would perfer one without supersteer but I can not get this kind of deal if he has to order one. I actually think the supersteer maybe the reason this tractor has been setting there so long. also I'm think about adding a backhoe to this tractor. The dealer recommended a Woods over the NH brand. Claimed he could give me a better deal and Woods make a beter backhoe. Near owned a tractor with a backhoe but by adding it I can write the tractor off through my business. Any pros/cons either way? Thought I might get a 24" and 12" bucket, I have lots of tree stumps that need digging up, plus some drainlines. ....

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-05-18          111242

Grizz I did not like SS with a loader this is only my opinion, but I would never buy something you can't try first. Locally I have gotten quotes very close to your's It does not seem so super low That another dealer could not meet or beat. I was qouted $19,200 for TC33 hydro loader,filled R4s and HD bucket. I thought about trading my 2002 in on a new one. As far as a backhoe goes I have a Rhino which is who makes NH OEM hoes I paid over 2 grand less for it than the NH dealer wanted for the identicle hoe, with NH decals instead of Rhino decals. I pocketed the two grand and pulled of the Rhino decals and for under 20 bucks put on the OEM NH decals. The rhino performs great I have had guys use it that have both a kubota and JD and they both liked it better than what they have. Maybe by saving on the hoe you could get exactly the tractor you want from another dealer. good luck ....

View my Photos
RGrizzle

2005-05-28          111639

well for better or worse I signed the papers and wrote the check today, tractor to be delivered next week. I ended up adding a Woods 7500 Backhoe w/ 18" bucket, a couple of hooks on the loader bucket and a side mounting step (hip's not as good as it use to be)on the tractor and I got out for $26k + tax. After about three months of searching it seemed the best deal and the best fit, also the 36 months 0% interest sure was nice ( enjoy using another persons money, espically when they told me I would only get another $300 off if I paid cash!). Never had or used a backhoe before but my wife said this is your last tractor so get everything you want on it so I did. I have a lot of tree stumps that need removing and several drainage ditches that need cleaning and doing it by hand has gotten old. Looking forward to learning curve. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-05-28          111648

Congratulations! The learning curve is fun. Remember to take it easy with the backhoe - slow, easy and smooth. Don't rely on brute strength alone, take advantage of leverage when possible. It does take awhile to get the feel for it but after awhile it comes naturally. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-05-28          111656

griz
Looking forward to seeing some pics. I did not chime in on the price conversation beacuse I bought mine on a employee purchase plan price format. I would of been nothing but thorn in your side if I told you what I paid.
Anyway good luck and congrats on your new tractor, from what I hear if your situation dictates super steer, your going to LOVE its turning abilities. I am waiting for the next generation CUT with 4 wheel steering ability. Now that is something I would be interested in for manuvering around in the woods with. ....

View my Photos
nhsales

2005-06-26          112805

take the 0% if it comes back. Will save you a lot of "cost to own" in the end. ....

View my Photos
nhsales

2005-06-26          112806

is this working for me??

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-06-26          112807

Is what working? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login