Why buy a New Holland???: New Holland Tractor Prices  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Why buy a New Holland???: New Holland Tractor Prices -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 05-02-2005, 06:47 Post: 110598
cobratodd

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Why buy a New Holland???

I purchased a New Holland TC24 (2003) in April of 2004.
I was considering a "Chinese" brand, but figured the premium $$'s would be worth the quality and service from a big brand well know comapny.

I couldn't believe the prices of the New Hollands here in Connecticut so I found the best deal from a North Carolina seller. I saved almost $4500 honestly!! The best price I could get from Accorn Equipment for just the base TC24 was over $14k. For $16k I was able to get a TC24 with 60"MMM, Great Bend Loader, and a posthole digger.

I have had many, many problems with this tractor since it was delivered. Now I realy need help with a 3-point hitch issue and the local dealer (Accorn) says ..."If you didn't buy the tractor here, then we didn't make any money off of you at the time of purchase, so we won't do any warranty work for people who bought tractors out of state. We don't need the business. We lose money on warranty work."

So now I have a piece of crap tractor, that has no reliability, and No customer support.

Remember this if you are about to buy a New Holland.
1) The reliability could be the same as or worse than any foreign tractor. It's the luck of the draw.

2) The customer service is awful - if you live in Connecticut

3) If you have good service, then the dealer is likely to have raped you at the time of purchase.

I should have known better, the saying "Pay me know or Pay me latter" applies here.

I just can't believe the arrogance and disrespect of the local dealer because his business can't be reasonable with pricing. Amazing that I could save thousands, and still pay for shipping on the same tractor he sells. The kicker is this local company sells New Holland, and the warranty is from the manufacture. Why doesn't the manufacture back up their product through the dealership??

Once this TC is fixed, it's off to the market for a Chinese brand 30+ h.p. up grade. At least then I know I won't have the customer support.

Sorry for venting, thanks for reading.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

05-02-2005, 08:27 Post: 110605
AV8R

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Why buy a New Holland???

"...If you didn't buy the tractor here, then we didn't make any money off of you at the time of purchase, so we won't do any warranty work for people who bought tractors out of state. We don't need the business. We lose money on warranty work...."

Give a call to your NH factory Rep and re-tell this story. The dealer is not required to drop everything and work on your tractor right away, but they are a NH warranty station. Your warranty work should get done. The only way this "attitude" of price gouging and poor customer service is going to get broken, is to get the factory Reps involved. This story has been told more than once here.

I'm sorry for your problems, and hope that you can get it resolved soon. Oneace will soon join this discussion. He works for a NH dealer and has very good info.

05-02-2005, 09:11 Post: 110609
DennisCTB

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Why buy a New Holland???

Hey sounds like that last line of yours was surely venting when you said:

"Once this TC is fixed, it's off to the market for a Chinese brand 30+ h.p. up grade. At least then I know I won't have the customer support."

If you do that you will pray for the day when you had your TC. Clearly you priced your tractor at Accorn, so while it is not right I can see why they might give you a hard time, when you walk back in and ask for help. Tractor dealers are usually very small businesses, and some are not high at all on the service side while others may seek it out.

Many years ago I bought a Chevy at the low price dealer a good distance from me. I then needed warrantee work done, which I wanted to be done at a closer dealer. Got the "did you buy it here question", and they refused to even look at my car. So I went the Chevy customer service route and eventually got the the closer dealer to service the car, despite his previous refusal.

Well they serviced it alright, they put some kinda magnet thing on the roof that they used to keep track of work orders, well it flew off when they test drove it and put small scratches in the entire roof. Then they claimed that there was nothing wrong with the car and that was how they ran, rocking like they were missing a couple of cylinders. As the service manager spoke to me both us could see the car rocking violently from 50 feet away, it made me extremely angry when it was so obvious that they were just busting my chops. Well I gave them a piece of my mind blah, blah , blah to no avail. But I sure got the idea that quality and service was a subjective situation, and if they do not want to do the work, you really will be very unhappy with the outcome.

I took the car back to the dealer I bought it from and they had to replace the head, no questions asked no problem.

Now I know that almost all companies have changed their approach to service, to a service anywhere paradigm. But what I learned in the story I just told still applies even today, if they refuse at the get go, it just is not a great idea to coerce them to service your stuff.

Just 18 months ago I took one of the Toyotas that I had at the time in for warrantee on a paint issue, and I got the "did you buy it here question". After I said no with an explanation that I did buy my new pickup from them, I got no problem from them. I sure was not going to force them to work on it, I was ready to pack up and go to the selling dealer if any more flags were raised.

You will find that there is usually a dealer that will do your warranty service willingly, I recommend that you keep trying to find an agreeable dealer that will take your business, you just may have to travel further. You may pay more for hauling but hey you still saved money versus that local guy.

The link below is to the book by Robert Pirsig, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenace". There is a great section in there where he talks about taking his motorcyle into a garage where the mechanics are real losers, and basically whack the bike into submission rather than truly understand how it works and repair it. Classic....

Dennis

Link:   Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance 

05-02-2005, 09:58 Post: 110611
Casco1

Why buy a New Holland???

I'd like to relay my story it may help. While shopping for a NH tc33da I bought a Kubota L3710 with 68hrs I thought it was a better deal. I'm also from New England so the dealer network I don't believe is as good as other parts of the country. My unit was originally bought at MB tractor sales then traded into Chappell Tractor, where I bought it. I had a few problems mostly because it was my first tractor & I didn't take a few things into consideration. I wondered why the original buyer didn't trade it back in at MB Tractor where he bought it. Chapell's parts has been good, but the salesman has not returned one phone call since I bought the unit. A friend recommended Wescott & sons in Gorham ME I went there with a BH subframe problem Ordered a new frame, at this point Wescott could very well have taken advantage of me since I told them what to order after receiving the new parts close to $1000. They called me and told me it was not going to solve my problem and would refund all my $ I then cut a deal on New Tires, replace Turfs with R4s they gave me a great deal and a good trade for my old tires. my point being is that even though this dealer is 70 miles further than the other two I'll go there everytime. I spoke with one of the owners and told him that I did not buy there but It's his tractor now, and the service has been great. I suggest you bite the bullet and find a dealer who will take care of you I'm sure there is one out there. Good Luck

05-02-2005, 10:31 Post: 110613
grf2k4

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Why buy a New Holland???

I live in the NW and the pricing is really high compared to the ones I've seen in this forum, on everyting from tractors to implements. I do a lot of research before buying, and have been able to save quite a bit. My local dealer, who I bought my TC40a from had Jinma chippers for $2k. I drove 75 miles and got it for $1495. The TC 40 cost top dollar, but I used to have a grey market Yanmar and wanted easy access to service, parts, etc. So far the NH has been great. The dealer is top dollar, but also been excellent for service and carries top quality products and great service. I guess that's the trade off.

Link:   CustermtnFarm 
Picture Link
New Holland Tractor Prices: Why-buy-a-New-Holland

05-02-2005, 10:46 Post: 110616
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Why buy a New Holland???

One thing I see constantly is people doing something I call 'blitz shopping'. They go to a dealer, get a quote and then on to the next one, never to return or even speak to the prior dealer(s).

A guy I see at the local coffee house asked me about a similar problem recently. He had priced out tractors, including from the dealer just down the road, and found the best price was from a dealer about 4 hours away. He wanted to know what my advice was, buy locally for more, or drive further and pay less?

I told him to buy locally for LESS. He just stood there scratching his head. I told him to go back to the local dealer with the lower quote and inquire, as politely as he could, if maybe the dealer hadn't made a little mistake on the quote since the other quote was for so much less. He said the dealer looked his price over and sure enough, an ERROR!!! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

In the end the local dealer matched the lowest quote.

I have found over the years delaers will almsot always match a price for the same item. They would rather make a little less money but have a customer.

You may want to point out to the dealer that doesn't want to do warranty repairs that NH does NOT offer a lifetime warranty and eventiuually he will see some of your money, but not if you don't deal with him.

Best of luck.

05-02-2005, 11:15 Post: 110618
cobratodd

Filter by User
 Why buy a New Holland???

You can call it what ever you want.
I just can't see working a quarter of a year for free to raise enough money to pay for a product because the local guy wants top dollar.

Warranty is warranty.
Competitive pricing applies across the board.
Cars, trucks, home builders, computers, gas at the pump,etc.

05-02-2005, 11:18 Post: 110619
cobratodd

Filter by User
 Why buy a New Holland???

What curtsey is owed to the retailer who wants to pork you for $4500 on a $15,000 purchase? (25%)

Follow-up??

None, I say!

05-02-2005, 11:52 Post: 110620
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Why buy a New Holland???

The reason the NC seller was cheaper in the first place was because they have less overhead. They don't have to pay for the service bays, tools and equipment, facility repair and maintenance, parts inventory, staff salaries, insurance, hazardous waste disposal, property tax, business tax, sewer tax, water tax, environmental levies, and payroll taxes to support out of state purchasers like yourself. All they need to sell tractors out of state is a computer, phone line and a parking lot. And they probably do it in NC because the business climate is friendlier there. The money to provide service has to come from buyers so the local guy wouldn't have just pocketed the extra money. Yes, the local guy should cheerfully service your machine and he sounds like an awful dealer. At least he's made no money from you.

05-02-2005, 12:14 Post: 110622
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Why buy a New Holland???

Todd, take two deep breaths, no three, and think about what I said for a moment.

Courtesey was your word. As was it your statement that the local dealer wouldn't work on your machine.

My point was merely that IF you had given the local dealer a chance, they MIGHT have met, or at least come close, to matching the price.

In which case, your thread might have read a little differently.

Best of luck.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Prices Forum

Thread 110598 Filter by Poster:
AV8R 1 | brokenarrow 2 | Casco1 1 | Chief 3 | cobratodd 5 | DennisCTB 2 | Finn 1 | grf2k4 2 | Iowafun 1 | jamese 1 | Justus 1 | kwschumm 2 | Murf 3 | oneace 2 | skyraiderad5 1 | spider50 2 |

Most Viewed

+ NEW HOLLAND TC33DA PRICE $4200?
+ Boomer 2030 Price?
+ Possible strike?
+ My experiance with New Holland
+ New Holland TC-18
+ Ford 1620 Deal or No-Deal??
+ looking for NH compact tractor.
+ Price check TC30
+ 2009 nh 3040
+ New Holland/Kubota comparison

Most Discussion