Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC40DA vs TC45DA

View my Photos
trif2915
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-27          110428

I will be purchasing either a TC40DA or a TC45DA. I will be using the machine for backhoe/loader work mostly. Also will be used for snowblowing (front), sweeping, tilling and general farm and construction work. Is it worth the extra $2,100 for the 5 extra hp?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC40DA vs TC45DA

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-27          110439

For what you are planing I would say yes. 5hp is allot wen you are talking compacts. ....

TC40DA vs TC45DA

View my Photos
trif2915

2005-04-27          110448

i think you hit the nail on the head. "Compact" is the biggest reason for purchase. I am a homebuilder and I mostly need it for jobs that are not big enough for my sub-contracted excavation/site work (much larger equipment).I guess the more horsepower that I can fit into a small area, the better. Is the 5 hp that noticeable? The rest of the time...general use around the house, gardens, 2 acres mowed and 46 acres open woods. ....

TC40DA vs TC45DA

View my Photos
kdsrgone

2005-04-27          110454

I purchased a TC40DA under much the same circumstances you described. I'm in the hardscaping business and needed a compact Tractor/Loader/Backhoe. Also purchased all the attachements to make life easier on our 22 acres, partially planted in trees. The 40 has not been a problem power wise. I've dug a lot of trench and done a lot of loader work (just this week over 40 yards of material excavated and loaded to be trucked off site). My problem is the tractor seems to be constantly tied up in the business, so I've just placed an order for another TC40DA, this time with no loader or backhoe, but strictly to be used on the property for brush-hogging, tilling, post-hole digging, and tree planting. If I thought I needed more HP, I would have used this opportunity to move up, but I'm so pleased with the 40, I never considered another size. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login