Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC35DA

View my Photos
spartan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-06          109530

I am looking to buy a 2005 TC35DA w/16la loader. I have a price of $20,900 with the quick attach loader feature. Is that a good deal? I also plan to pay extra for ballast ($350) in the rear tires and a grill guard ($200). Am I missing anything? I am also looking at a Woods Heritage finish mower, 72 inches for $1650. This is for mowing about 4 acres w/ no trees and a lot of dirt work.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC35DA

View my Photos
skyraiderad5

2005-04-09          109624

I run a TC35D every day, using the loader and box blade in my landscaping Co. I agree the price is good , agree with the grill guard. I do not belive in rear wheel ballast, I dont think you need it or want it for mowing. I think rear balast is a hold over from days gone by and better forgotten. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-09          109626

Well you are wrong. With out it (rear ballast) you can not lift squat. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
skyraiderad5

2005-04-09          109628

Oh well, 35 years as an engineer wasted. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-09          109633

Guess so. Run one with the tires filled and you will see what you are not able to lift with yours unfilled. I work on New Holland every day and have used both with filled and with out. If you do not have counter weight you can lift maybe 500 lbs. That is a far cry from what it is rated at. if you read your ops manual you are not even supposed to have a loader on your machine with out ballast. IE. wheel weights and 3pt weight, or fluid filled tires. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
jtfirth

2005-04-10          109645

oneace,

Your replies seem a bit harsh. Skyraiderad5 mentioned that he uses the FEL with a box blade. I'm not sure how big the box blade is but I know mine, mounted on a TZ24DA, is almost 500 lbs. This should be adequate ballast. As far as reading the ops manual the same applies to New Holland sales literature. Last fall, you challenged my post about ordering the optional rear-mounted hydraulic outlets and said they weren't available. What goes around, comes around! ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
oneace

2005-04-10          109652

Last fall they were not available. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
denwood

2005-04-10          109661

You will want the rear ballast. The tractors we are stuck with in this country are designed wrong for loaders. Most of the weight is already on the front, the engine and loader. All setting on the cheesy little front tires and squishing into the ground. Adding weight to the back wheels will not cause a problem for mowing since it will not be likely to even equal the PSI of ground contact for the front tires. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
spartan

2005-04-11          109667

you are getting off track talking about ballasts, so what do you think of the tractor itself and the woods mower? thanks! ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
jtfirth

2005-04-11          109670

Wrong again, oneace. I bought my tractor last October and it came equipped with rear-mounted hydraulics, as ordered. My dealer knows his product! ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
spartan

2005-04-11          109671

So you have a rear hydralic output? Was that about $300 extra?>? ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
jtfirth

2005-04-11          109683

Spartan,

Yes it was an extra $385 Cdn, which is about $300 US. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
skyraiderad5

2005-04-11          109690

one more time. I use the grade box as counterweight. 500# located behind the rear wheels on the 3 pt, provides the same efect as 750# of ballast in the tires. The box is removed when you attach the rear mower deck. Thast way when mowing I (just Me) do not have to carry unneeded weight. From you post I understood that you intended to mow and do dirt work. I used my money for part of the cost of the grade box (it has its uses) instead of ballast. It's a free country, you and others can spend their money as they see fit. To each an all have a nice day! If nobody starts any trouble, we will still have enough! ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
oneace

2005-04-11          109699

The tractor is alright for the mower if you maintain a well manicured cut. If you let it get much length you will have to go pretty slow so you do not bog down the engine. Though it is 35hp it is still only a 3cyl engine so you lose a little bit a torque factor. If it were me I would spend the extra $$ and get the 40. For loader work you will have very little hp issues. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-04-12          109726

I don't know much about New Hollands since in our area the CaseIH version is more popular because of the dealers. I understand they are pretty much the same tractor. I was recently looking at them and my dealers also suggested to go from the 35 to 40 because of more power and that the 4 cylinder is quieter. If doing allot of loader work, I'd get the optional joystick controller.

In the hydro versions the tractor comes with a 2 range system that has an electric downshift/upshift function making it 4 ranges. I usually downshift when hitting a big pile of dirt. That would be handy on the loader joystick, rather than trying to hit the button on the right fender while also running the loader.

Spartan, don't know where in Michigan you live but Frankenmuth and Reese both have good CaseIH dealerships with lots of inventory. Both have always treated me fair and have good service departments. That is a big farming area and their mechanics would add rear hydraulics or whatever.

I'm still not sold on the loader design which sticks out way in front of the tractor. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
oneace

2005-04-12          109751

You don't know what you are missing with out having that style loader until you have one and then you go back to the other style. Since we sell both Kubota and New Holland I see this allot Mostly going from a Tc40 or 45 with a back hoe to the L48. Also of them will then keep the L48 and buy a New Holland for loader work. But Most of us do not have the money to buy two machines some of us are just dipped in it. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
trbomax

2005-04-12          109757

I bought mine last May and it came with rear hyd couplers. ....

TC35DA

View my Photos
trbomax

2005-04-12          109758

I bought mine last May and it came with rear hyd couplers. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login