Go Bottom Go Bottom

TZ24DA vs TZ25DA

View my Photos
glthorne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-06          107359

Any difference, other than 1 HP, between the TZ24DA and the TZ25DA? I have found a new TZ24DA w/60" MMM & it has the Sensitrak option on it for $10,200. Found a ding on the right-rear fender yesterday and will probably try to haggle a few more $$$ off. However, if there were improvements between the 24 & the 25, another dealer a bit farther drive away has 2 25's in stock.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Greg

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TZ24DA vs TZ25DA

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-17          108183

Well I do not believe that sensi track is worth the money on those. But there is no real difference in the two besides an audible alarm that lets you know you have the parking brake set while in range. ....

TZ24DA vs TZ25DA

View my Photos
midlf47

2005-03-18          108265

oneace - Why do you feel sensitrack is not worth the $ on the TZ? ....

TZ24DA vs TZ25DA

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-18          108266

All it is is an over running clutch in the transmission that grabs if the rear wheels spin and it only world if you are going forward. Basically you know if you are in slippery conditions and it is not hard to engage the 4wd manually. Of the many many TZ tractors we have sold maybe two had sensi track. ....

TZ24DA vs TZ25DA

View my Photos
jtfirth

2005-03-19          108312

Greg, you'll be satisfied with either the TZ24 or TZ25 but you'll definitely save some $$ with the "dinged" fender.

I think the Sensitrack option was worth the extra $$, especially when the wife is using the tractor. I've tried several times to explain when and when not to use FWD and finally just told her not to worry about it because the tractor will decide when it's needed. I used FWD while clearing the drive this winter thinking I'd need it for slippery conditions. During the last few snowfalls I disengaged FWD and the tractor just fine without it. In fact, it didn't fight against itself once it was on bare pavement. No regrets about this option!

I agree the new option on the TZ25DA to warn about the parking brake is an advantage but you soon learn from the whine of the HST when it's set and you're trying to move.

Terry ....

TZ24DA vs TZ25DA

View my Photos
glthorne

2005-03-22          108509

Thanks Terry. Went ahead and got the TZ24DA, and with the approval of the wife, traded my '99 TC33 2WD on a 2004 TC29D 4WD. Finianced both of them on the same loan!!

My wife and I love the TZX24DA. The parking brake isn't a problem to me. Just look down and you can tell whether or not it's on. Anyway, we love it and it does have the Sensitrak - an option I think is worth the money. Maybe not for mowing, but light grading or field prep will come in handy!

Thanks - Greg ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login