Go Bottom Go Bottom

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
bigbru
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-21          102691

Do I go with the 2001 NH TC33D w Super Steer, 7308 FEL, no factory warranty and save $2,000? Or the 2004 JD4310 430 FEL and two years waranty? Both HST Both seem great dealers and very helpful. I have tried both machines and both will do the job as best as I can tell since the ground is frozen. The JD has a much better loader but not super steer. I am in the woods hauling logs, scraping roads, digging ditches, brush cutting with 5ft blade. Manuverability is important around all the trees both are fine with the edge to the NH. Please advise. Bruce

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-22          102699

How many hours are on each machine? It seems there should be more than a $2000.00 differance B/W the two machines mentioned. The NH should be worth around $14500.00-$15000.00 I am not sure about the JD. I have an 02 TC33D and love it. The tractors do have some differances I would go with the one that fits you and your needs the best. Good luck. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
bigbru

2004-12-22          102707

Hours: JD 75, NH 125. How do you like the 7308 FEL? I am concerned about it's power ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-22          102713

I think in the end you might find the highly maneuverable front axle has a "no free lunch" clause.

I doubt it will bear the same weight as the standard front axle and the loader lift capacity is scaled back accordingly. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
Chief

2004-12-22          102718

I agree with Mark's point. The 4310 steers about as tight as I can imagine would be useful. In my opinion, the eHydro has some advantages over the HST such as Load Match and cruise contro. I think the 430 FEL is great loader and it VERY easy to remove and install. In the end, buy the machine you like best. I would be partial to the Deere but both seem to be fine tractors. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-12-22          102727

I tink the 7308 is a great loader when I first got it, it would not lift over 400lbs, the valve settings where to low from the factory. I had them raised even higher than factory specs. I have lifted over a ton with no problems. I am aware that there could be a problem with the front axal when lifting heavier loads, but I have not had any trouble. I still think the price differance does not seem right.
PS I love my NH but I am not a fan of supersteer I tried both before buying. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-12-24          102888

I have a TC33D with Super Steer (no loader). My neighbor with same machine has a loader and says since the SS axle sits much further forward it has more stability vs. non-SS which he tested. I dislike NH cutting brakes on same side as HST pedal (what were they thinking!).
The SS is superior for doing close-quarter grading work or brush cutting--it's like driving a hi-lo forklift forward. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
spartan

2005-04-24          110289

Would a NH TC33DA with hydro have any type of cruise control, for example while mowing, or would I have to keep my foot on the pedal all the time?? ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2005-04-24          110294

I have a JD 4410 ehydro and love it. Its turning radius is very tight. In the end, I'm sure the Deere will keep its resale better. I have never looked at NH due to lack of a dealer close but I do know the features of the Deere are great and the tractor is comfortable and easy to use. FEL definitely goes to JD. 2 year warranty could also be important. Whichever you choose, enjoy. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-04-25          110298

Spartan a TC33 does have cruise control and also a 3 year warranty. I have had work done at my house by people who have JD and kubota tractors. These are contractors and landscapers who are also friends so instead of hauling their machines to my house I let them use mine. To my suprise all three thought my NH performed better espeacially the backhoe. There was no reason for them to say this and before they used my tractor they all ribbed me for buying a NH. These are guys that make their living being on their machines all day long. All three said they would look at NH when buying their next machine. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
spartan

2005-04-25          110349

Thanks for the help. I have looked at JD, Kubota, and NH. But I'm going with the NH. Also the TC40DA is only a little more than the 33da, so even though it is a little more than I need, that's the way I'm going. I have a 53 Ford Jubilee too..and where did you order the wood shop that came in one piece? ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
drcjv.

2005-04-26          110372

Spartan I got the building in Honeybrook Pa. It cost about $8000.00 delivered I thought that was a great price for a 14'x48' cedar building. ....

Decision Time Help

View my Photos
spartan

2005-04-26          110392

Thanks, I'm going to look into it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login