Go Bottom Go Bottom

D2350 FD

View my Photos
popebl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-13          168587

The engine crank case keeps filing up and flowing out the dip stick check hole. I think it is hydrualic fluid in the engine oil, but I don't know what is causing it. The engine starts and runs fine with lots of power. The 3 point lift is working fine and so is the loader. Please help?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

D2350 FD

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-13          168588

I'd suspect it's diesel fuel. If it is it could be a dripping injector. There's other guys here that could give you better info. Be patient and they'll be around soon. ....

D2350 FD

View my Photos
popebl

2010-02-14          168602

thanks,
I will start researching that possibility. ....

D2350 FD

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-02-14          168605

Pop;
That's a lot of whatever it is to be coming out the dipstick hole. If it isn't milky then collant is not the culprit. Does the engine oil smell like diesel fuel? I'm not questioning EW's thinking but a dripping injector would have to drip really bad to get that much fuel down. Is the tractor taking lots more diesel fuel than nornal? I'm not famillar with the design of your engine but there could be a seal between the injector pump and the engine block that has sprung a leak. Is the hydraulic fluid level getting lower? If the hydraulic pump is mounted to the engine block driven by perhaps the timing gears there could be a seal that that has gone bad. If the engine is running fine I don't think I'd mess with any injectors till I eliminated the other things first. Unless you are experienced with handling injectors they are easily screwed up by contamination with dirt you don't even see while they are out. Been Der, Dun Dat. ....

D2350 FD

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-14          168607

Both overfilling the oil and diluting it with contaminants damages the engine. So I wouldn't run it until fixed. ....

D2350 FD

View my Photos
popebl

2010-02-15          168639

I have determined that the hydrualic oil is getting into the engine crankcase. The only place this can be is at the hydrualic pump. There is an oil seal on the end of the pump at the engine block. Does anyone know how hard it is to replace ? ....

D2350 FD

View my Photos
popebl

2010-03-03          168943

IT turned out to be the seal in the hydrualic pump was leaking into the crank case. thanks for your help.
Bill ....

D2350 FD

View my Photos
ncwtractor

2010-04-04          169708

Have you checked hydraulic fluid levels? If the level is low, then you may have a bad hydraulic pump seal. The hydraulic lift valve on that tractor is a close center valve. If the 3pt lift bottoms out too many times, enough back pressure can cause the seal to blow.

Check your hydraulic fluid levels first. If you don't have a dipstick attached to your filler cap then check the side
of the transmission housing(right side sitting on tractor)
there will be a check plug midway down the side case.

If this does not help, feel free to contact us at NCW Tractor Parts, LLC. ....

Link:   

Click Here

D2350 FD

View my Photos
wayne2342

2011-01-03          176178

Popebl from NC. I just got a D2350 and have the same problem you experienced so it appears that I will need a hydralic pump. I am in Western NC and if we have similiar tractors, it may be worthwhile to compare notes. I am assuming you have replaced your pump by now and am interested in what you purchased as a replacement. Wayne 2342 wayne_dot@charter.net ....

D2350 FD

View my Photos
BillRodgers

2011-01-16          176440

I can supply a new pump and help you troubleshoot the problem. Contact me at 1-800-609-5110 Bill - satohparts.com ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login