Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mitshubishi 210D

View my Photos
DEANPAL
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-13          153662

The steering is hydraulic and just quit working. Any suggestions. The wheel turns freely.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Mitshubishi 210D

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-13          153665

Deanpal,

Simple things first.

Have you checked the mechanical connection between your steering wheel shaft and the hydraulic steering valve?

The steering wheel shaft is likely attached to the power steering valve with a pin, or a bolt. There may also be a universal joint in the steering shaft. Check to see if your steering wheel is actually turning the power steering valve.

Joel ....

Mitshubishi 210D

View my Photos
DEANPAL
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-13          153668

Joel,
I have not taken anything apart yet, the pitman arm on the outside does not move. It does sound like maybe the connection inside like a pin etc. could be broken. I may have time to pull it out tomorrow.
Just take off external coverings etc. then the four bolts on the cover going into the case?? Will that let me see if the connection is good inside?

Thanks,
Dean ....

Mitshubishi 210D

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-13          153669

Dean,

I'm not sure about your particular tractor, but the steering valve on my Kubota is located directly below the dash, on the floorboard of the tractor......directly behind the steering column panel.

Remove the engine side panels. See if you can figure out where your steering wheel shaft goes. If you can't see it with the side panels removed, you may have to remove the dash panel and the knee cover, just below the steering wheel.....provided, of course, you have one. Most tractors do. Your steering wheel shaft should go straight down to the steering valve.

I'm assuming that all of your other hydraulics are functioning properly. If so, then your problem is likely a mechanical connection on the steering valve.

If your other hydraulics aren't functioning, then you may have a problem common to both systems, such as low hydraulic fluid, a plugged filter or screen -- or possibly a faulty hydraulic pump.

Let's not jump to the worst case scenario just yet. Most of these problems are fairly easy to resolve. Always start with the simple stuff.

Let me know if I can be of any further help to you.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login