Go Bottom Go Bottom

Value of Massey Pony

View my Photos
jasonsewell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-07          76288

I have the opportunity to purchase a Massey Harris Pony. I think it was a '52 or '54, gas engine, original sheet metal, runs excellent, and the owner still has the original owners manual and sales receipt. A home-made loader was added many years ago, and it lifts and lowers but the dump is self dumping with a handle and cable. It is only a 24" manure style bucket with teeth.

The seller has kept it indoors, it is in great shape for 50+ years, and he is asking $1500.

Is this a fair price and is there a collectable aspect to this particular tractor?

Thank You

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Value of Massey Pony

View my Photos
wbowhunt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-08          76394

The question is " What would you do with it? " Are you looking at getting into antique shows? Or just to purchase another tractor? ....

Value of Massey Pony

View my Photos
jasonsewell

2004-02-08          76396

Depends who you ask...

I want the tractor for the fun of it.

My wife has received the story about how mush of a time saver it would be to have another tractor to get some work done, etc...

I used to have an old Farmall Cultivision and I loved to just putt around, this Massey reminds me of it and the price does not seem to be outrageous.

Just another toy. ....

Value of Massey Pony

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-02-09          76449

I did a little internet surfing, Ya know cabin fever and all. I didn't find any for sale, but I did find a article that discussed the pony and the fact that in the early 50's they cost $900 New. It still amazes me that when you buy something it will depreicate over time up to a point and then it start to regain its value again the older it gets. I know the dollar is not the same value, but still.
It sounds like a pretty good deal for a toy to play with in the yard.
Let us know and if you do post some pics ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login