Go Bottom Go Bottom

mf50a hydr steering problem

View my Photos
Latino
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-01-14          196098

Ok guys finally got the cylinder overhauled and put back in but still nothing, so I then overhauled the p.s.pump then bleed the system and yet still no movement on the front wheels. I was told bleeding it is to turn the wheel all the way one way then the other while keeping fluid in the resv. Question, is my steering wheel suppose to just continue spinning in one direction or should it stop at some point??(NO STOP) I do feel pressure when turning it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-01-17          196108

There's three components to power steering, the pump that makes the power, the cylinders that do the work, and the steering column or valve (some are separate) that controls it.

Since you've already eliminated the first two that really only leaves the steering column or valve.

Next your other issue, no, the wheel is NOT supposed to just go around continuously. It should turn far enough to eliminate the free play then get real hard with the engine off, or move the wheels to full lock then bind up with the engine running.

However, if the fluid control portion of it is shot I suppose it would just spin.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Latino
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-01-18          196128

Thanks for the response. As soon as the weather clear I will give it another go. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login