Go Bottom Go Bottom

changing and removing hydrolic filter

View my Photos
edsmith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-04-05          194929

I have a mf 165 not sure the age,, have tried heated, hammered it with inpact wrench and still can not get it off,,, any suggestions most appreciated

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-04-05          194930

Not being rude for I have done this just a week ago but sure you are turning the correct direction? (mine was nut on a bearing)

Okay you are sure turning the correct difrection so now is the filter a disposable one or in a housing you save? Use of impact wrench sounds like it is not a disposable unit. Reminds me of a mower that had real issues with removing blades even with impact wrench to realize needed stronger impact wrench. That would be my only thought if you are sure you are turning it the correct direction. If a disposable unit do what you must to remove the shell and then use pipe wrench on the pipe screwing into the tractor to remove it. I would venture either it was over tighter or some one use something on the seal that is stuck. ....

View my Photos
arcwelder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-04-05          194933

I would try set impact to tighten, then loosen, a few seconds between, flip back and forth. let air build up completely and check that the adjuster is set to the highest setting. It could be that it was turned a complete rotation and 4 is actually -1.
While doing that, put your thumb or finger at the seam of the housing. if you feel it shift back and forth, then it is stuck on the seal or O ring.
Acetone will help break that loos but you will end up with a mess because it will dissolve the seal temporarily.

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-04-06          194936

arcwelder, neat tip there.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login