Go Bottom Go Bottom

What trans fluid should I use in Massey Ferguson 135

View my Photos
80sDweeb
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-09-18          193723

1972 MF 135 diesel with 6 speed (no multi power) - what trans fluid (budget is a concern) should I use?

And may I just say, I've been to several forums with higher traffic volume of messages, but a thorough search of this site showed a FAR superior QUALITY of posts. I'm very happy to be here!

Scott in Brighton NY

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-19          193738

Here is what I found. MF-1129 spec. I would look on the container for that spec. 32 quarts. I just bought some that probably meets this spec for about $36 for 5 gallon pail. Can check it tomorrow if you want me to. Just put it in cutter today still have the buckets. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-09-19          193743

I went and checked the buckets I had and it only shows JD 303 on it. The company does not have a web site I could find. Did some checking on this and the best I was able to determine is it probably equals the MF 1129 but those oils are not as good as the new oils and are for equipment from the time frame of your tractor. I bought mind to use in hyd cutter and would not consider in my tractors but their call for newer specs by far.

If you will make a few calls to general tractor shops, oil dealers you should be able to find oil you need. For the amount of oil you need it should not cost you a total of a lot more to go with a higher grade oil.

Very much agree with you comment on this site compared to some with "high" traffic. Will visit one like from time to time and totally agree. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login