Go Bottom Go Bottom

MF245 Hydraulic problem

View my Photos
gprimeau
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-09-05          180195

I have an MF245 with a loader ( 1977 model). My issue is that a few days ago, the 3 pth hydraulics stopped working properly. When I put the lever (under thre seat) in the loader position, the loader works fine. When moved to the 3 pth position, the 3 pth arms stay in the full "up" position no matter where the lift arm and/or draft arm are positioned. The only way to lower the 3 pth is to fully depress the clutch and let the implement weight drop it. This occured as I was cutting brush with a bush-hog and it had been working properly until then. Hydraulic oil is new and full. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MF245 Hydraulic problem

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-09          180293

Might not apply to your tractor but suspect it does. MF did have two styles of remote hyd on some models. One cost less and was a dealer installed package or so have been told. Any way the 3 pth does not work when it is set for the aux (FEL for you) is set to work. It remained in the fully raised potion. The location of the lever makes me think you have the dealer added valve system for they had think two levers under the seat but have only seen those for rear remotes. ....

MF245 Hydraulic problem

View my Photos
shona13
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-03-18          182788

Hi .
Check the response lever on the right hand side plate where you check the transmission oil make sure the lever is somewhere in the middle of the range,if the response lever is all the way to the slow position it may not allow the linkage to drop this is an easy one to check first ,let me know what you find .
Regards
Hutch. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login