Go Bottom Go Bottom

A couple simple questions on a MF1533

View my Photos
gearnoise
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-31          173585

I am the proud new owner of a slightly used (91 hours) 2002 MF1533 with FEL. I purchased the manuals for the tractor and the 1525 loader and read them fairly thoroughly, but still have two questions:
1. How do I defeat that engine-off safety feature when you get out of the seat? I've put everything but the PTO in neutral (PTO at 540, but not enabled) or off, but to no avail, as soon as I get up the engine shuts down. A little hard to feed a PTO driven wood chipper from the seat.
2. How do I open that hood? The manual says push that grey rod/lever hanging down in the front middle to the left (then lift), but I can't seem to get the rod to budge, and with that FEL attached it is very awkward to get to. Evidently the newer models are easier, at least a video on the AGCO website makes it appear so. But for the older model?????
Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-31          173586

I'm guessing that if you just could tilt the seat up and see the switch you wouldn't be asking, so it may be hidden within the seat. Then look for the two wires that feed the switch, and cut/strip/connect/re-insulate them. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-08-31          173588

Gear;
I don't know about the hood latch, I have no experience with a Massey but the seat switch, maybe.
On my Deere if you have the transmission lever in neutral and the parking brake set and locked the PTO will run while you are off the seat. I've used it to run PTO powered grain augers and other stationary equipment with nobody on the seat. A Massey may be different, I'm not sure.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-01          173627

On the hood release, try pushing down on the hood it might take the pressure off the latch. ....

View my Photos
gearnoise

2010-09-01          173633

Well, I worked at that hood latch and finally got it to move! Turns out that in the tractor's 8 years (and 91 hours) the hood had only been opened 2-3 times, once for the 50 hour oil change, not ever in the last 3-4 years (and 10-20 hours). So I gave the latch parts a generous spraying of lithium grease and cleaned the radiator screen before reclosing.
Regarding the seat safety switch, I just unplugged the connection. I'll replug it when I'm doing any hilly ground work. I checked with the lead mechanic at the local MF dealer and there really was no other way to run a wood chipper. Or clean a sprayer. Or....
By the way, my wood chipper is a Wallenstein 4 incher, and before my AC5030 died it was working beautifully, no auto feed, the self feed works great.
On another thread I mentioned the broken seatbelt receiver. Today I ordered two $19.99 seatbelts from Northern Tool; They look like they will work on both my MF and my Kubota, I will post once I find out for sure, as I'm guessing I'm not the only person with defective seatbelts. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login