Go Bottom Go Bottom

MF250 Hydraulic lift-doesn t

View my Photos
couchgrouch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-27          170373

Inherited Dad's 1986 MF250 a few yrs back. Several months back the hydraulic lift quit working. Since the hyd oil was milky, I changed oil and, using the Owner's Manual, removed and cleaned the hyd filter from underneath the tractor (about 7to8inches long, all metal screening). Refilled w/new oil and tilled 2 small gardens over the next 2 days, then parked the tractor.

Now the tractor lift will not work at all. Called a dealer's mechanic and was told there is another filter (about 3 and 1/2 inches high, on the left side down from the driver's seat)- it would have a round cover with 3 bolts holding it, and there should not be any lines coming from the cover. Now, the only thing I can find is a large (about 7" diameter) metal cover with 6 bolts, 2 hyd lines and the PTO handle connected to it.

I need to know if there is another filter and where it's located. If there's not another filter, what do I need to do to fix this problem. Thanks for any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-28          170402

I don't know the 250 right off. But found a site that is suppose to have a free download of layout on that tractor.

I would doubt the PTO lever would connect to a filter housing. Does that tractor also have remote hyd? If so on some MF you can not run both 3 pth and a remote lift at same time. You have to normally pull the 3 pth fully up for the remote to work and if one of remote levers is in not the central position don't know if the 3 pth will work. My brother has a 273 or so model and think the hyd filter on it is a spin on type. About same year as your's.

Have you checked your oil to be sure it is still clean and does not have water getting in it still? ....

View my Photos
couchgrouch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-10          170662

Thnx for the info. The hyd oil is still very clean and the tractor is housed under a large shed, out of the weather.
There is a 2-position "Selector contol" lever- located just under the right-side of the seat- it allows operation of lift linkage & auxilliary hydraulics (in the down position), OR just the Aux hyds-- (we do use this for the wood-splitter). There is also a knob for the control valve on the left side, beside the seat- which is adjusted for remote single-acting or double-acting cylinders.
Could you post your link to the layout of the MF250 you mentioned in your original answer?
Thnx ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login