Go Bottom Go Bottom

Which TRACTOR

View my Photos
rkummerer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-05          154272

2 1/2 acres with pond. Sand maint, rock , and snow plowing along with mowing 1 1/2 acres lawn and 1 Acre field!

Lots of projects for FEL, nothing super heavy!

I have looked at New Holland TZ-25, Jonh Deere 2305, Massey Furguson GC2300 all with 60" Belly Mower and FEL!
All three at around $13,800 and Kubota BX2350 at 12,750.

I was leaning toward NH TZ-25 with % for 60 months! But the Massey GC2300 has % also and looks like a great Tractor!

What do you guys think?

thanks,

Dick

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Which TRACTOR

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-05          154278

Don't know enough about them, but some general advice. Turf tires, liquid in the rears. A test run with the loader installed. Can it perform two functions at once (raise & dump; lower & curl)? If it doesn't have PS, try steering with a loaded bucket. Reasonably easy to hop on and off? ....

Which TRACTOR

View my Photos
rkummerer

2008-06-05          154279

Thanks,

I am going with the Turf Tires!

Dick ....

Which TRACTOR

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-05          154288

Rkummerer,

That little Kubota would do everything you're asking of a tractor, and probably a lot more.

The only issue with the Kubota BX series tractors is the lower ground clearance, in part due to the smaller tire sizes. This could cause a bit of a rough ride when doing field work, but you only have one acre of field to manage. You shouldn't be bothered by the rougher ride when working just one acre, but it is something to take into consideration.

Joel ....

Which TRACTOR

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-06-06          154299

Most of you who have been around here a while have my old sermon on dealersahips memorised by now. If you are new to tractors the four brands you mentioned all have good dealer networks and parts avaiability for the long haul. I'd have a real fear of buying an import "Box Tractor" for fear of having a parts orphan in a short time. Make sure you are comfortable with the dealership you select, purchase price is important but not always as important as service and parts down the road, they all will need it regardless of brand. I do run a bit contrary to the crowd here on tires tho. I have found for my needs that R-4's have far exceeded the abilitys of turf tires for general use including front yard work. Don't underestimate the use you will give a FEL, like all of us you will be using it for lots more than you had ever thought so give priority to buying a high quality loader. There are lots of aftermarket loaders to be had sometimes at a lower cost than a brand match, (Kubota loader/Kubota tractor, etc.), but I've always felt that a brand match was built to work properly together far as mounting points, hydraulic flows and pressures, etc.. Mid mount mowers for some reason tend to be quite pricy, maybe a good used rider would cost less than a mid mount for an acre and a half. Not sure about other brands, but the Deere dealerships I'm familliar with have lots of choices in good quality used moweres that would handle an acre and a half easily and avoid the hassle of mounting and dismounting the MMM deck on your new tractor. I mow 2 1/2 acres with a Deere 345 rider with a 54 in. deck in about 2 1/2 hours. Enjoy your day. Frank. ....

Which TRACTOR

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-06-06          154305

Yes, mower choice. With the MM, you don't increase the overall length of the rig; it lowers the C of G, important when you have the bucket loaded and raised; and you can change mowing height on the run. But it costs more, is more work for on/off and servicing, takes room to store, and is a little more involved to adjust for mounting and angles. I mount mine in the spring and leave it untouched (except for greasing and the occasional clearing of spindle wrap-around for which you want an extra-long angle-nose needle-nose pliers). ....

Which TRACTOR

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-06-06          154310

Rkummerer,

If I might offer one bit of advice........

If you have any trees to mow around, a folding ROPS is a very nice feature. My Kubota doesn't have a folding roll over protection system, which makes it very difficult to mow around the younger trees.

If and when I decide to get another tractor, I'll be looking for one with the folding ROPS. However, it will be very difficult for me to part company with my little Kubota B2100. What a fantastic little machine.

On second thought......Maybe I'll just get myself a riding lawn mower, and keep the B2100 for the garden work.

Joel ....

Which TRACTOR

View my Photos
rkummerer

2008-06-06          154343

Thanks to everyone who has given me input! I do not have any trees, but that is a very good suggestion, that is why I take all your suggestions and give it thought!

I will let you guys know what I decide!

Thanks again to everyone that takes the time to reply. After I make my decision, I will let everyone know the PROS and CONS of the Tractor I decide on, after using it for a while!

thanks

dick ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login