Go Bottom Go Bottom

Fair price for a Long tractor

View my Photos
mushing_madness
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-15          88596

I'm not familiar with Long tractors, but I have an opportunity to purchase one and was wondering if it is a fair deal. I don't know the model number, but I have the specs.

The tractor is a 1983 Long tractor with 49hp and it includes a loader. The engine is a 3 cylinder diesel and the tractor has 4wd. Outside of this, I can't tell you much.

They are asking $8500.00 for it. Is that a good price? Can anyone give me an info about Long tractors? Who makes their motors? Do they hold up? Are parts available for them? Any info you can give me will be helpful!

Thanks everyone!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
AnnBrush
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-15          88642

In total your combined specifications exclude all models my reference reports for LONG tractors. If one of your specs is wrong (year built?) and assuming it is a 4WD (easy to check visually) at about 50 hp it is probably the following:

Model: 510 SD DTC 4WD
Years mfrd: 1987-1994
Make of engine: UTB 3-Cyl
PTO Hp 48.5
Speeds 8/8 forward/reverse
Weight 5263 lb

Based on data gathered from around the country in 2002/2003, a 1987 unit retails for $8600 with an estimated loan value of $5700.

View my Photos
loghouse95

2004-06-16          88663

Long does not manufacture tractor, they only inport them, I own a Long FarmTrac 60, that I purchased new in 1998, I have owned several different tractors and for the price I would rate the FarmTrac as an excellent buy.. I have not had any major problems so I have not had to purchase any parts but the local dealers assure me there is no problem getting parts, now I am refering to the FarmTrac 60.. The price for the Tractor you are purchasing seems a little high to me... ....

View my Photos
Raleigh

2004-06-19          88872

I live on the south side of Va. which isn't to far from Tarboro. When I need a part the dealer most of the time has it. I had an alternator go bad the first of May on my 2610 and he had just sold his last stock the prior friday. I called the dealer on Monday morning and he had the alternator before noon the next day. Same with a radiator cap. No problem getting parts here. A good dealer is important. I'm lucky to have one too. He raises cattle also and understands that when you need a part you need it fast.

The Farmtrac 80/with loader I bought the last of April has 70 hours on it now. All I can say is I'm impressed. Good quality at a good price. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login