View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1998-12-18          538

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Any Info on Long or Tafe Tractors

View my Photos

1998-12-19          555

I don't exactly know want you mean by a deere industrial machine but thats not what we were comparing. We were comparing compacts. I found a used JD 870 with 400 hrs. so we went down to the kubota dealers and compared it with a L2500 and B2400. There was no comparison. The deere was a much heavier machine--I think about 800lbs. worth and that was obvious in the axels and castings and mounts. Much thicker everywhere. Go see for yourself. A simple look underneath will reveal what I am talking about. Even the 4000 series which I have never seen states in the literature that they are way heavier than the equilavent kubota. I feel they are both equal tractors as far as quality. But my contractor friend influenced me to get the deere over the kubota because of the heavier wheight/contruction. ....

View my Photos
Frank

1998-12-19          556

A dealer who was trying to sell me one told me that the TAFE is made in India and he said that except for the injection system (he said TAFE uses Bosch) they are identical to a MF. ....

View my Photos

1998-12-26          633

11 years ago, FRAM used to be a good filter. Now FRAm puts money in their advertising instead of their filter.

Go to the auto parts stores in your area and get different brands and cut them apart. See which iis the best brand. ....

View my Photos
Everette

1998-12-26          634

Long Agri Business Corp Officefor Long Manufacturing.N.C. incP.O.Box 1139,111 Fairview st,Tarboro,NC 27886.Ph:(919) or (252)-823-41511-800-334-5622 I understand this is where Long tractors are built. You have to go through a dealer to purchase , as far as I know.I hope this helps. ....

View my Photos
John M. Davis

1999-02-15          1144

Long currently sells three lines of tractors. The "original" line is builtin Romania by UTB. It is basically a Fiat design, updated by Long for the US market.This line has been imported since the mid '70s or so. They have lately picked upthe Farmtrac line. This is a Ford Design built in India, if I'm not mistaken. They most recentaddition is the Farmhand line (I may not have the name just right). This is a compact tractorbuilt in Korea using a Mitsubishi 4 cylinder engine. This is one of best equipped compacts I've seen. It comes standard with remote outlets and live PTO. The castings are also very beefy. The RomanianLong tractor is fine, if you know a few quirks. First, never leave the PTO clutch engaged. It's like standing on the foot cluth continuously. The thrust load on the crank is tremendous, and will cause thrustbearing failure, wrecking the block. The fuel injection systems are not always the best. However, theycan be rebuilt with real CAV parts, curing all problems. They will leak some oil. It's a combination of rough machined surfaces and poor quality gasket materials. Long has fixed the major leaks with improved (non-Romanian) seals. As far as the rest go, buy a quart of oil once in awile. It's a lot easier than trying to fix them all. All in all, not a bad machine. By the way, if you know of any used units for sale, let me know. I'm looking for one. Can you get more of a reccommendation than that?Hope the info helps.John ....

View my Photos
Richard N. Claborn

1999-02-23          1297

I have a 560 long that I am in the process of doing a resurface to one of the heads. I am in the process of finding information now. The is a long dealer in South Carolina, Midway Equipment, I found on Yahoo. There is also a dealer here in Hanford, California that I talked to today that used to sell Long tractors and he is looking to see where he can get parts for me. The tractor seems to be a good tractor, I paid $1700.00 for mine and it has standard bolts and nuts so it is easy to work on. Good Luck,Richard ....

View my Photos
Steve Camp

1999-05-08          3592

were is the nearest dealer to massachussetts ....

View my Photos
JIM McCULLOUGH

1999-05-31          4542

I WOULD LIKE INFORMATION ON "LONG TRACTORS".PRICES, AND IF THERE ARE ANY FOR SALE AND WHERE? ....

View my Photos
John Zimmerman

1999-06-10          4933

I too have a long tractor, and I am trying to figure out where I can get a maintance manual for it. Do you have any suggestions? ....

View my Photos
mahesh kharche

1999-06-11          4973

Dear Sir, I am the delar of tafe tractor of BULDANA District. I want to more information about our masy furgussion product or if there is any web side of membership I want joint that . so can you provide me details about it Hope you send your message on above mailmy delar name is PHIRKE AUTOMOBILEI'll joit this company now and attend the training of sales in Le-Meridian at Punabefor 3 dayyour trulymaheshphirke automobile ....

View my Photos
Jeff Hertenstein

1999-06-17          5235

I found this link for Longagri business. Don't know if it is the right peoplebut worth a shot.http://www.longagri.com/Jeff ....

View my Photos
Mitchel Bragg

1999-06-23          5462

There is a dealer for Long, and Tafe tractors in Screven Co. I don't have the phone number, but the dealer is listed under Terry's Trailers. !-912-555-1212 will get the number for you. Mitchel ....

View my Photos
Tex Qualls

1999-08-08          6741

Hello All,I have a Long-1100, Model-1540 and the other day I hit a stump whilebushhogging...and damaged the power steering. I've blown a seal in thepower steering I'm sure...as the cylinder that operates the pitman arm works great with the tractor off. But once the pump starts up the cylinderwill not move. That tells me there is equal pressure on both sides of the cylinder. My question is this:Can I do some checks on the power steering first before taking the tractor radiator out? I've already bled all the hydraulic lines of any air...and yes there is plenty of fluid.Any comments, or drawings would be much appreciated...it is a great tractorand my Wife loves working around the farm on it. Please help with what everyou may have...my wife and I thank you in advance. All The Best, Tex and Vickie Qualls Donalds, SC ....

View my Photos
Paul W Chauvin

1999-08-13          6921

Devon Lane Farm Supply,inc in Belchertown,Ma. The address I have isDaniel Shays Hwy(route 202) Belchetown,Ma. (800-413-farm) I called them today and they are going to send me info on the farmtrac series of tractors also the landtrac series. check them out ....

View my Photos
Winona Whitener

1999-08-17          7015

I would also like to direct you to our website,http://www.longagri.com.You might be able to find your information there. ....

View my Photos
rick goss

1999-09-17          8078

There is a web site that handles (long) manuual's for tractors and the site is www.yesterdaystractors.com ....

View my Photos
A. Jackson

1999-10-05          8556

yes we just purchased a long tractor was told it was a 52hp but a friend of ours said is was not that large. can you tell us how we can figure out what hp this is we found these numbers do they mean anything to you.mm530,s-53002823,cod700472thanks for your help ....

View my Photos
paul Uliana

1999-10-14          8785

What is the model number?? ....

View my Photos
badis

1999-10-15          8818

View my Photos
B Ford

1999-10-28          9211

I am working on a friends Long 445 tractor. I am having trouble figuring out the three point hydraulics. I have changed the fluid and blead the system and it will work for a short while but then it quits. If I bleed it again it will work again for a while then stop again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. B Ford. ....

View my Photos
B Ford

1999-10-28          9212

I am working on a friends Long 445 tractor. I am having trouble figuring out the three point hydraulics. I have changed the fluid and blead the system and it will work for a short while but then it quits. If I bleed it again it will work again for a while then stop again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. B Ford. ....

View my Photos
Tom Kirchgessner

1999-11-07          9488

I'm working on a long model 350 need repair manual and front grille. ....

View my Photos
Donnie Kilby

2002-01-19          34692

where is the nearest long tractor dealer in madison va ....

View my Photos
paul uliana

2002-01-19          34700

go to longagri.com. You can get dealer addresses here. Hope this helps. ....

View my Photos
stew

2002-08-24          41595

hello ,
i want to thank this board for sharing there ideas and oppions on all of my issues or ?
thanks for the help ...
I JUST BOUGHT A LAND TRAC 360 WITH A BUCKET AND I AM HAVING THE DEALER MOUNT A 8,000 LP WINCH.
THIS DEALER HAS 12 ON THE LOT WITH LOADERS AND EVERYTHING ELSE , THE LARGEST IN VA I THINK , [ HAYNES OUTDOORS ] 1540-672-1111 I PAYED 16,300 FOR A TRACTOR THAT HAD 24 HRS ON IT ..
GREAT PRICE !!!!!! I CANT SAY ENOUGHT ABOUT THE TRACTOR OR SO FAR THE DEALER & SERVICE
ASK FOR LYN HE IS THE OWNER OF THE DEALERSHIP!
GOOD LUCK !
STEW ....

View my Photos
lamarbur

2002-10-23          44098

Steve Camp asks, any dealers near Massachusetts. I live in the Sturbridge Ma/Union Ct state line. We have a dealer here in Woodstack Ct by the name of Foskett equipment at 860-928-5748
Harold Foskett is a small town dealer and one heck of a guy to deal with. He usually keeps 8 or more versions of Long and several Century/Zetor pieces at his place. ....

View my Photos
Terry K

2002-11-05          44639

About to buy a Long 560 over 10 years old. Guy is asking $3500 for tractor, bushhog, disc and hayfork and 16 ft. trailer.
Anyway was wondering about price and parts. Is this a fair price and if somrthing breaks can you find parts? ....

View my Photos
Paul Uliana

2002-11-05          44642

The trailer alone is worth about $1000 as is the bushhog, hayfork, and disc. That's $2000 right there. If the tractor starts and runs while shifting is relatively easy and hydraulics work, I'd jump on it. As far as parts, you will need to find a Long dealer near you --- www.longagri.com. I have yet to find an American tractor that's parts swap with a Long so you gotta go thru a Long dealer. Good luck.

View my Photos
GaleHawkins

2004-08-07          92942

TAFE LT 330 HST - I just looked at a new one with a price tag of $18K with a nice frontend loader complete with subframe to the rear axle. It is made in Korea with 12.4 -24 rear and 8 - 16 front tires. It looks nice, more like a Kubota in quality and is the same color of orange it seemed to me. While the seller (a used car lot) might take a lot less the $18K seems a little steep. I am sure there is a dealer that spotted the tractor next to the used car lot because the sign on it states to go next door to the used car lot for more info. It states it is the "Hail America Series" and the quality loader says, Made in CANADA. Is this an relative new line being imported? It is the first one I have ever noticed. Again it does appear to be quality from the castings and finished look. ....

View my Photos
ob1kubota

2004-08-24          94370

The loader that Tafe is using on the compacts from LG is the Buhler 195 loader made in CanadaPrice seems alittle steep,I sell the larger unit 36-39 hp with the 4 cyl instead of the 3 cyl mitsubishi at 17,250. ....

Link:   Coastal tractor-tafe link

View my Photos
Jack

2005-10-20          118212

"11 years ago, FRAM used to be a good filter. Now FRAm puts money in their advertising instead of their filter.
Go to the auto parts stores in your area and get different brands and cut them apart. See which iis the best brand."

Most of the anti-Fram filter comments originated with a website posted by a guy who cuts open filters and does his own filter critiques.

This is simply the worst way of obtain filter information. SAE certifies oils, filters, etc. Only a qualified engineering research group can tell you if a filter is good or bad.

Truthfully, there are lots of folks out there who have never used anything but Fram filters and have never had a problem with the filters or premature engine wear. I'm one of them.

Personally, I've never had a failed bad Fram filter but, I have seen an over priced Wix filter with a leaky canister crimp at the base.

So while most people can relate some story or experience, in the big picture, it's meaningless. Only an engineering lab can truly tell which filter works.

All Fram filters remove over 90% of particulates from the oil on the first pass. As the filter gets dirty, filtration actually improves since the larger holes in the media become blocked, forcing the oil through smaller media paths.

Listening to some guy who cuts apart filters in his basement and happens to have a beef with a particular company it s very poor way to buy a filter.

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-20          118221

The below posted link to a Dodge/Cummins Technical Service Bulletin is due to a particular "orange" oil filter that was the proximate cause of the Techical Service Bulletin in the first case. Note that Fram is NOT one of the listed approved oil filters. Evidently, the Dodge and Cummins engineers had some issues with these filters. If using other than the listed approved filters will void my engine warranty in the event of a lubrication related failure; you can bet that I will be using what is called for. ....

Link:   TSB 09-004-01 Approved Diesel Engine Oil Filters

View my Photos
Carldarnell

2005-12-23          121606

As far as I know Cummins owns Fleetguard. I think there may be some financial ties with Dodge and the other brands listed. Companies are not above lying or promoting their product. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login