Go Bottom Go Bottom

TAFE tractors does anyone own one How is resale

View my Photos
Jim
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-05-22          4187

If anyone owns a TAFE I would like to hear about your experience. I also wonder about resale value. I am able to find little info on the net.thanks,Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Rod Remin

1999-05-25          4288

I have the same questions. Two Tafe 35s are coming up in a auction. I recognized them as MF clones when I first saw them from the highway. Besides resale value, what about parts? Can/will a MF dealer work on them? Does MF back them? Are they as reliable as the old MF35 but without all the bells and whistles? One of the two here has a loader. Has anyone had any experience with Tafe and loaders? ....

View my Photos
Jim

1999-05-26          4320

TAFE stands for Tractor and Farm Equipment Corporation. They are based in India,there is a local dealer here in Meridian, MS. The company, according to my dealer,manufactered these machines for Massey for years. Parts availability seems to be excellent. As a matter of fact he says TAFE still makes Massey parts because the TAFE parts he gets come in Massey packaging. He also says alot of parts areinterchangeable with massay. The only question he could not answer was the one aboutresale value. He has been selling them since 1996 and claims to have not seen a used one yet. For more info check out www.tafe.com. also Alta-Terra Ventures Corp. site (they are in Canada but have specs on the Tafe models).I want a JD but for 13200 I can get a TAFE 45DI with 47 engine hp and 41 pto hp.and hydraulics. I love deere but I can buy alot of implements for the 4 or 5 thousandprice diff. I you have more questions let me know and I will put you in touch with thelocal TAFE dealer.Decisions,James ....

View my Photos
Don

1999-05-26          4379

Guys, I have a 1996 35DI that I bought new in October of '96. I gave $9600 for it with rear hydraulics. I like the tractor. What Jim says is true. The only thing I have had to buy was a glow plug. It came from a Massey dealer! Fuel filters and oil filters come from the local NAPA dealer, using Massey part numbers and crossed to NAPA numbers. Check the website Jim referenced ....

View my Photos
Paul Barnes

1999-05-27          4415

the massey dealer here in delaware ohio just got a shipment of tafe 35's and 45"s . i was told that the the 35 models are made in India on the same production line as the massey of that same size. i called the main office of tafe and talked to a rep. there and was told that the tafe tractors are 98% identical to the masseys of that size in that they have same engine and use massey filters , etc.. the biggest difference he said was the fuel delivery system on the tafe's are different than the massey's. as far as service, miller implement does service on the tafe models. i priced a tafe 35 w/loader and calcium filled tires for $15,000. since tafe is a rather new brand to the u.s. market, i have no idea how the resale would be. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login