Go Bottom Go Bottom

Long 910 with some issues

View my Photos
LauraLou
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-01-12          185947

I bought a long 910 over the summer, it runs great but... well the brakes went out it needs a new hydraulic pump and starter and battery. It will pull the barn down and it handles the batwing without hesitation. My biggest concern at the moment is while I was crawling under it checking the brake lines I noticed a hole in the rear axle case I can see right up into the case. Its a little bigger around than a quarter. It looks like there is another hole on the oppistite side but it is full of dirt and gunk I'm afraid to dig it out in case it has been patched on that side. The other side looks as if someone took a tool and dug out around the hole. So I guess what I'm asking is the rear axle should be full of oil right? Where is the fill for it I can't find it? Any ideas how much oil it holds? What would you use to patch the hole?

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Inducnito
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-01-13          185950

My Long 460 manual says the final drive takes 2L of 80W90 gear oil. Your pic shows tons of caked greasy dirt. I would clean it all off, see if that hole is caused by damage or if it had a screw plug that fell out. Cleaning will also tell you what that "drain hole" on the right really is. I would be concerned about the condition of the gears since it has been without oil for unknown amount of time. The level of wear might help you decide what to do.

I've had my 460 for less than a year, do alot of my own wrenching, but I'm not a professional mechanic. ....

View my Photos
txrider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-07-23          187705

Hey Inducnito, where did you get your manual for your 460? I just bought a old 460DT and am really looking for more of an owner's manual or "what is this lever for?" manual. Sounds like you may have what I'm looking for.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login