Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lawn sweeper for 3 point hitch

View my Photos
Danny Yerks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-08-02          30597

Does anyone know who makes 3 point hitch lawn sweepers? I'm looking for something about 5' wide. The link below shows one, but this one is already sold and the guy said he doesn't remember who made it.http://finehorses.com/sweeper.jpgThanks, Danny

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Danny Yerks

2001-08-02          30598

Sorry, the link didn't come out right, but you can cut and paste it in. Also, I really don't need anything this heavy duty, just something similar. ....

View my Photos
kay

2001-08-02          30599

Are you looking for a sweeper that is completely supported from the 3pt? Or something that hooks to the 3pt and has caster wheels to support the debris bin? Also, what size (bu.)? What size tractor must it fit (HP, weight)? There are nice units around, but most I've seen are trailer-type, and therefore will corner differently than one hooked to a 3pt. With more info, I will look around. ....

View my Photos
Danny Yerks

2001-08-02          30602

Thanks for your help, Kay. I'm after something that hooks to the 3pt and has caster wheels (like a 3pt rear mower) to support the debris bin. I don't like the way the trailer type units handle. If it has the ability to pick the whole thing up when it's full, that would be nice but not necessary. As for the size of the bin, I don't know, but it doesn't have to be real big. The main thing is the width of it, which I would prefer to be at lease the width of my tractor, so about 5’ or 6’ would be good. The size tractor it must fit is a NH TC29D which is 29 gross HP and weighs about 2500lbs including the front weights. I use it to pull a 6' finish mower that weights 650lbs and it handles it and lifts it with no problems. I want to use it to pick up the grass on a section that's about 1 acre and then use it in the fall to pick up leaves, so it would only see light use. The only sweepers I've ever seen are the trailer type for riding lawn mowers, the widest one I’ve seen is 42”. Do you know the names of any manufacturers or any web sites I could browse? Thanks. ....

View my Photos
Terry Senay

2001-08-02          30604

Danny, I also cruised the web looking for some type of lawn sweeper and found nothing except units for lawn and garden tractors. Sounds as though a product idea has emerged.... I wouldn't mind finding one either. I have a lot of trees on property and I would like to be able to clean them up for composting. Good luck. ....

View my Photos
LGinIA

2001-08-02          30606

Take a look at the Lawn Genie Flail Pick-up Mower from the Matthews Company. The make PTO models. I have a 48" Lawn Genie (not PTO driven) and am satisfied with its pick-up capabilities. Heavy Duty Unit

http://www.mathewscompany.com/frame.html

Link:   Mathews Company Lawn Genie

Picture Link
Garden and Landscape Lawn sweeper for 3 point hitch

View my Photos
Warren

2001-08-02          30609

I have a 72" midmount mower. I made a plat form on my 3pt. then i pu a 25 bu 2 wheeled trailer on the plat form that i could dump. I used the trailer before to pull behind on my smaller mower then it would get compact so much had to use a potato fork to unload it that was a lot of work to do it that way.Now all i have to do is tilt the wagon then raise the 3pt and it falls right out boy that saves a lot of time and work.I use a vacuum with a 5 hp engine have to be careful not to plug it.Haven't used it this way yet on leaves yet but i used it on the pull behind on leaves when you run the leaves through the mower it chops them up sure can get a lot in trailer this way. ....

View my Photos
ShelKol

2001-08-03          30616

Try www.sweepster.com, don't know if they
have a container attached variety.

I also saw www.diggerz.com, but it is
austrailian and is loader mounted

Try www.Wicko.com grounds implements second page
except it is a loader mounted. ....

View my Photos
ShelKol

2001-08-03          30617

OOPS www.wikco.com ....

View my Photos
Nick

2001-08-04          30645

I have a used 3 p h lawn vaccuum which was on a Kubota B2400, I have sold the tractor and I am asking $875 for the sweeper. Pls e mail for further info Thank Nick ....

View my Photos
Murray
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-18          66549

Look up Cyclone Rake on your computer for a vacuumm that works well. Murray ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login