Go Bottom Go Bottom

Crabgrass Herbicide and Your Dog

View my Photos
dododo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-03-26          192415

Every year I think about making the lawn look better by using a crabgrass preventative fertilizer, and other subsequent weed killers and pesticides.

Then I think about me inhaling the dust during application. The corrosive nature of the stuff when I pull the spreader with my tractor. And then I think about my young dog who would have to be walking around in the stuff to some extent!

Am I over thinking the perils of these chemicals? Are there more enviro friendly solutions other than abstinence?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Crabgrass Herbicide and Your Dog

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-03-30          192436

Here we have the herbicide in liquid form. Guess there is liquid fertilizer (well I know there is) if you want to avoid the dust but if you are getting that much dust out there you are beating the fertilizer to death. If you used a powder can you not water it in at least enough to help it dissolve? I doubt you would be applying it enough to cause you or your dog an issue unless you really beating it to dust or doing much more than your yard. Of course there are dust mask, probably for the dog also. LOL

Of course there is cow manure if you want to go that way with the fertilizer which is natural. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login