Go Bottom Go Bottom

MowProducts com

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-25          162306

Has anybody did any business with this company? If so how did they treat you? I ordered a set of Landpride Blades they billed my card. Blades have not shown up. I called the blades are back ordered from supplier. It is the first time I have paid for something that was backordered.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MowProducts com

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-26          162313

If www.mowmore.com has them in stock, you could call the other for a credit and if not forthcoming, complain to the card issuer. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
kwschumm

2009-04-26          162314

It sucks when that happens and is a poor business practice. When it happens to me, and the product is available elsewhere, the order is canceled and the product purchased elsewhere. It's inexcusable.

MowProducts com

View my Photos
Art White

2009-04-27          162336

I haven't heard of charging without delivery being available. Sounds like they are using government standards. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-04-27          162346

Harvey, not sure what it is but don't miss the time limit you have to report this to your credit card company waiting on their promise to ship. But, do they consider the blades special order and require prepayment on special order? Even then they should tell you all of that. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
harvey

2009-04-27          162350

Tomorrow is 9 days I go to bank and stop credit card payment. They were shown as stock. I got a email confirm order no delivery on Friday 5 days. So called talked to same guy on email. It sound like a one person show unless they are all named Jason. They did not send email say out of stock and BO'd. They charged my credit card. That has never happened before. Always charge card when ship. I am a little irked about this. With shipping it was $58 I could buy at dealer for $75 + tax FREAKIN NYS!!! I spent considerable time looking on line so I not have to pay NYS tax. Any ways I go from bank to dealer.

FYI it is a Landpride 2572 side discharge. Blades are a tad under 25" 2.5 wide .25 thick with a 1" hole.

Thanks for responding I not recommend mowproducts.com to anyone. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
kwschumm

2009-04-27          162351

Northern Tool and AutoAnything.com have both done this to me and I no longer buy from either.

MowProducts com

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-04-28          162372

Sometime back I was thinkg there was a web site given here for a highly recommended company on blades. If so I did not save it. But Agri Supply does sell over the phone and off their web site and they stand behind what they sell as good as any company I ever dealt with. Think they are selling Oregon Brand replacement blades. The blade they sell is not as heavy as my Bushog Brand blades are but they also cost less and the cutting edge holds up well. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
batman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-04-28          162377

You should always consider safety when buying blades from anyone but the original equipment manufacturer. You're not talking about belts or tires. Lawn mower blades go 200 mph and if they break they can cause mega damage. Just read some of the stories on line about broken blades and the disaster that followed. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
harvey

2009-04-28          162378

A landpride blade is a landpride blade no matter where you buy it.

I did contact Mowproducts they canceled the order because the have no eta on blades from landpride. I'll check credit card and make sure they credit my card. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-04-29          162385

Batman, understand the danger of a blade failure but think Oregon Blades would be very safe. Now a blade no one wants to put their name with, different matter. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
batman

2009-04-29          162386

Kthompson,
I don't know about the Oregon blades so I'm not saying they don't follow safe manufacturing practices. I do know for a fact that some aftermarket blade suppliers have put product on the market that don't meet OEM spec's. The manufacturing process of mower blades is an art mixed with science. There is alot of cost involved and that leaves room for someone to cut out steps and save cost. Just be careful if you don't buy from the OEM. The OEM blades will have an OEM stamp that identifys it. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
Murf

2009-04-29          162387

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman | view 162386
I do know for a fact that some aftermarket blade suppliers have put product on the market that don't meet OEM spec's. The manufacturing process of mower blades is an art mixed with science. There is alot of cost involved and that leaves room for someone to cut out steps and save cost. Just be careful if you don't buy from the OEM. The OEM blades will have an OEM stamp that identifys it.

I buy a lot of blades, I mean a LOT, I rarely see a manufacturers stamp on any of them.

As for OEM spec, most of the 'specs' for our mowers are nothing more than a set of dimensions and an odd statement to the effect that they should be made of high carbon steel and be tempered.

Almost every mower manufacturer sources their blades from one of a handful of 'aftermarket' blade manufacturers.

Oregon is one of the top of that list.

Best of luck. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-04-29          162388

Keep us posted. Should you contact the credit card company rather than the bank? ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
batman

2009-04-30          162400

Murf,
If the blade is manufactured per the ANSI S483 they have a batch and manufacturer code. There is a specific set of guidelines that must be followed according to this test. All major mower manufacturers are buying blades made to these standards. Many aftermarket companies buy an OEM blade then copy it and sell it as an original or just the same as but at a lower price. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-04-30          162403

I don't know anything about any manufacturing standards for blades, but I had always used Deere blades till someone convinced me to buy a set of Gator blades, what a high priced joke. I use them to grind up walnuts in the fall rather than raking them all up. Frank. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-04-30          162435

Hardwood I thought of you each time (twice now) mowed our yards with my Gator blades and how they mulched up my grass and it looked so great. Even when I was chipping the hickory nuts really thought of you.

Now, fyi, they did not mulch up my grass into really little clips especially my first cutting of the seasons but then hey it was not grass but weeds some about 10 inches tall. I know when I pull them when dull will be putting normal blades back on, why, have some many sets of them.

MowProducts com

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-05-01          162449

KT; I don't like to use my "Good" blades, (JD hi lift) for the walnuts, sticks, whatever else endes up on the lawn after winter, so I put the Gator's on and kinda have a good time seeing how far I can shoot the walnuts, etc. out of the deck. Frank. ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
harvey

2009-05-02          162478

Well so far I have had no luck getting my funds returned. Talked to Credit Card co I have to call them again Monday. Talked to 2 different sales people at mowproducts finially talked to a Norma she promised to cancel the order and refund my money. Hasn't happened yet. Its been 4 working days. Only took 1 day to bill card and they didn't even have the parts. Sent an e-mail no response.

They use some kind of 3rd party company to handle credit cards and that company is off shore based on what limited info I could find. Oh well!

Mowproducts appeares to be a place to stay away from. I have deleted it from my favorites folder.

It's not the first time I've pissed away $60. Hope this helps ya-all from my experience. I'll never again visit their web site.

Thanks for listening to me whine.

Harvey ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-05-13          162728

Harvey, if you file the issue with your credit card company per the requirments they have to issue you a refund is my understanding. I think you must contest it in writing within 30 days of either it being charged or statment with it on it. Not sure which nor if is it is 30 days. Don't settle for telling them on the phone. You want a fax number and fax it or send it by registered mail to them.

MowProducts com

View my Photos
harvey

2009-05-14          162744

The period is 30 days I call the card company on the 31 day following when I asked for the refund and canceled the order.

Have up till (I think) 50 days from the billing statement to dispute the charge. At that point the card company will forgive the charge and try to get the money from that sorry ass company.

Mowproducts.com is a very poorly run business it is more like a internet scam. I do not recommend them to anyone! ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-05-14          162745

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwood | view 162449
KT; I don't like to use my "Good" blades, (JD hi lift) for the walnuts, sticks, whatever else endes up on the lawn after winter, so I put the Gator's on and kinda have a good time seeing how far I can shoot the walnuts, etc. out of the deck. Frank.

Ever get a squirrels that way? ....

MowProducts com

View my Photos
harvey

2009-06-01          163108

UPDATE: I went thru the credit card company they were very helpful. Many hoops to jump thru. Time lines to meet and 30 business days plus other stuff.

Mowproducts did finaly refunded my money. THEY WAITED RIGHT DOWN TO THE CREDIT CARDS TIME LIMIT! I am not so sure that the credit card company had to contact them.

IT MAKES ME VERY ANGRY WHEN I DEAL WITH A LOW LIFE BUSINESS LIKE THAT! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login