Go Bottom Go Bottom

Trimmer on wheels

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-20          189677

A few years ago we bought a large string trimmer on maybe 12 inch wheels in the rear with a 5 or 6 hp engine and large string trimmer head. Even had electric start. It was a bear to push. Too big, too heavy. Got ride of it.

But still don't like the back ache of the hand held trimmer. Recently have looked at the Stihl MS55 with string trimmer head on it. Any comments on it or another string trimmer on wheels?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Trimmer on wheels

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-03-23          189738

Have none of you had a string trimmer on wheels or used one?

I told me wife if one on wheels would not work would see about mounting one on side of the ztr mower deck. Found out real quick that I really did not want to do that...yes I am married and happy have you know! ....

Trimmer on wheels

View my Photos
Art White

2014-04-07          189973

Ken, we also sell the Cub Cadet version which you also might find under MTD or Troy-Built as another option for you. ....

Trimmer on wheels

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-04-07          189975

Thanks Art, we bought the Stihl Saturday and only got to use it for less than 30 minutes but it sure is easier that holding the hand held and it jerking on you. kt ....

Trimmer on wheels

View my Photos
Art White

2014-04-09          190008

I've still got snow in between my shrubs! The ground is frozen two feet down and we are just getting switched into spring mode so we are a bit behind you! ....

Trimmer on wheels

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-07-14          190695

vanfleet1, if you are referring to trimming around trees okay but I read your reply to mean trees themselves being trimmed. Do not think a trimmer on wheels would be reasonable to trim limbs on any type of trees I have ever seen. Well maybe weeping willows. LOL ....

Trimmer on wheels

View my Photos
crunch

2014-07-14          190700

KT, I have an older craftsman string trimmer on wheels that is not self propelled and is hand start. My wife actually prefers to use it on occasion and it can handle some thick weeds. I switch back and forth with my regular echo string trimmer without wheels. Not sure I have a preference. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login