Industrial Tires: Kubota Review  -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Industrial Tires: Kubota Review -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 06-07-2004, 19:57 Post: 87974
Longhair

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 Industrial Tires

Does anybody mow with industrial tires and how do they perform as far as tearing upand putting ruts in the grass.Thanks

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

06-07-2004, 20:11 Post: 87977
BSTFLT

Industrial Tires

I cant give you a definitive answer, although I have just spent some time deciding which tires to go with, on an L4300 for my own use, which will mostly be rotary cutting and will involve traveling over and rough cutting some lawn as well as brush. My neibor has a ford 8n with the aggresive r1 ag tires and I took it over some of the land I will be using it on. I found that a slow steady pace was not as damaging as I thought it would be, with that in mind I figured that the R4 industrial would cause even less damage due to the heavier and closer spaced ribs in the tires, and ordered them for my machine. Just my 2cents

06-07-2004, 20:21 Post: 87981
husky125

Industrial Tires

I mow my yard with my JD4400 with the R4 tires and don't have to many problems as long as it's fairly dry. If I need to make a sharp turn, I do it in reverse. If you turn sharp going forward, the front end pushes and ruffles up the yard.

06-07-2004, 20:42 Post: 87984
snmhanson

Industrial Tires

I havn't mowed with industrials but did have them on my tractor before my turfs came in. I have mowed with my turfs once and even they will tear up the lawn if you're not careful. From what I hear industrials are not too bad on the lawn as long as the soil is firm and dry. I've actually read about some people prefering the Kubota industrials over the turfs for mowing because the turfs have a sharper edge that will cut into the grass a little easier than industrials. Having used both tires on bare dirt while doing lawn prep work I can see that soil conditions make a big difference concerning tire damage. When things were somewhat wet and soft the industrials tore things up more than the turfs. However, when things got very wet the turfs lost traction much quicker and dug ruts and made a big mess. When everything was nice and dry and firm the industrials left a more obvious mark but nothing that I would see as being a big deal unless you have an exhibit quality lawn and then you probably wouldn't want to mow with a larger tractor anyways. So I guess my thoughts would be get industrials if you want to mow whenver you want pretty much and want the added versatility and go with turfs if you are going to be patient and wait for your lawn to dry completely everytime before cutting. FYI, I am quite happy with my turfs for general tractor work. They pull a loaded 65" box blade just as well as my industrials did as long as it's dry. If we get much rain though it's a totally different story. And my disclaimer - I'm definately not an expert so take what I say with a grain of salt. Those are just my experiences so far with the tires. Hopefully someone else with more experience with both industrials and turfs will chime in.

Matt

06-07-2004, 20:46 Post: 87985
beagle

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Industrial Tires

I mow with R4s all the time. As long as I remove the loader to keep the front end light, I don't have too much of a problem unless it is very wet. I had turf tires on my last tractor with the same results. If I mowed with the loader on with turf tires, I had the same problem with the front tires when turning. I really don't see much of a difference on my lawn between the two tires for mowing. I certainly prefer the R4s as a general purpose tire and they work fine for mowing.

06-08-2004, 23:37 Post: 88114
WVTC33

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Industrial Tires

I also use R-4's on my yard, former hay field that covers some of WV's finest red clay. No problems this spring and it has been a wet one. Just like husky125 if I try to turn too sharp the front end wants to tear out a small amount of grass, and it is more pronounced when I drop it into 4 wheel drive. I like mine.

06-09-2004, 06:11 Post: 88117
jarndt

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Industrial Tires

I replaced the turfs on my BX with bar tires (smaller application, I know). The bar tires on the BX series look more like industrials than ags due to the width vs. height ratio and the interlocking center bars (IMHO). I agree with a previous statement that they perform well as long as it isn't too wet. I'll second the notion that turfs will tear up a wet lawn nearly as easily as bar tires if they are allowed to slip. Bars are far superior when things get sloppy though, as long as you're not concerned about ripping the heck outta the ground.

06-11-2004, 12:46 Post: 88326
PI
2004-06-11 00:00:00
 Industrial Tires

I mow all the time with R4's. As others said, they do tear a little on sharp turns if the soil is not dry. Best year round tire (snow, lawn, etc.) in my opinion.

06-11-2004, 20:06 Post: 88352
hardwood

TP Contributor

Industrial Tires

R4's are almost standard equipment around here any more. I don't think I've ever saw a midsized compact with R1's, and turf's are getting to be quite rare. the first CUT I ever drove the dealer sent out a 4000 series Deere with a 3pt. finish mower. I was mowing a road ditch till I encountered a bit of water in the grass and I was stuck. It's awfully hard to find tracks in the lawn behind R4's unless it's super wet. I've heard of dealers being hard to trade with if you're trading in a tractor with turf's, seems nobody is interested in a used compact with turf tires. Frank.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Thread 87974 Filter by Poster:
beagle 1 | BSTFLT 1 | hardwood 1 | husky125 1 | jarndt 1 | Longhair 1 | PI 1 | snmhanson 1 | WVTC33 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Kubota AT70s Rear Tine Tiller
+ Kubota HST GST Shuttle or Gear Transmission?
+ Best Boom Mower for Kubota B2710 Tractor
+ Definition of Tractor Loader Breakout force ?
+ Kubota B3200 vs. JD 2720
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Review
+ Kubota Transmission Fluid SUDT
+ Kubota BX2230 VS kIOTI CK20HST
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Quality
+ kubota bx25 vs john deere 2720

Most Discussion

+ How to match Truck to Trailer
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Re
+ Kubota Number 1 in Compact Tra
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Qu
+ Source for after market produc