Getting Ready To Buy: Kubota Review  -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Getting Ready To Buy: Kubota Review -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 06-03-2003, 15:42 Post: 56498
botics

TP Contributor

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Getting Ready To Buy

I have finally given in and know that I will purchase a Kubota Grand L Series. I have 1.5 acres here in Miami that I just bought and have 100+ in North Florida.

Looks like I am going with the 4630 so I can have the extra HP; going with the 853 loader and the BH90 which may be a mistake in Miami (coral); but I am also buying a bearcat chipper / shredder and a danuser rock auger.

I have looked at the B2910; BX22, and I keep coming back to the 3830 or 4630; the extra 1200 is worth going to the 4630.

What have you all heard about the Grand L4630? Thanks.

Link:   Click Here 

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

06-03-2003, 16:06 Post: 56500
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Getting Ready To Buy

The 4630 is a good tractor but it is Kubota's attempt to make a John Deere 4710. I would suggest you test both out and go with the one you like best. Price will be pretty even here.

06-05-2003, 15:17 Post: 56720
Foghorn

Getting Ready To Buy

Am I missing something??? $1200 difference between a 2910 and a 4630.....

06-05-2003, 17:09 Post: 56729
botics

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 Getting Ready To Buy

no i think he meant between the grand l 4630 and one model down. I looked hard at the 2910, but not enough HP for me.

06-06-2003, 09:03 Post: 56782
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Getting Ready To Buy

Chief, I know you are relativly new to this industry but look out for glass houses. All of the Kubota products built are good and have some of the highest of resale prices in the industry. I wonder as to one tractor being the best for you. What are you going to do with the 100 acres that is related to the lawn where you live.

06-06-2003, 10:38 Post: 56806
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Getting Ready To Buy

Art, I never said Kubota was not a good tractor. They make damn good products. I base my opinions on the research and experience I gained dealing with the tractor manufacturers procurring equipment for the Army. John Deere was the only manufacturer that met our specs. and warranteed it in writing. As of late I have had engineers from New Holland contact me in reference to the DOD specs required to sell equipment to the military and the manuafacturers are working on changes. Kubota was not interested, even after I contacted their government sales rep. Were Kubota to meet DOD specs and warrantee it in writing, I would feel very confident in the quality and workmanship of the equipment as I have had very good experience with Kubota tractors. John Deere does not play around on the edge. If they warrantee something, it is because they have checked it out to be sure. I doubt they would stick their neck out like that to sell equipment.

As far as my experience in the industry........ my job prior to entering flight school in the Army was a mechanic with Mid Altantic Equipment in Fairfax, VA; at the time one of the largest John Deere dealers in the region. Take a look at what the Army predominantly purchases as far as equipment and I think you will learn something. Not all is John Deere, but a large percentage is and that percentage is growing. All the other manufacturers have the same access and opportunity to compete and sell equipment to DOD. The reason they have not is either they don't, can't, or refuse to meet specs. and are not competitive. For "normal" use most brands of equipment will do fine in most cases. When it comes to soldiers operating this equipment; well, these guys can tear up a solid iron ball with a balsa wood hammer. The equipment has to be built to take it and last. This carrys over to civilian use; it is built to last; from my experience, other manufactures have not been able to demonstrate that as well.

06-06-2003, 12:48 Post: 56856
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Getting Ready To Buy

Chief, we as a dealer have bid many different lines to NY state as well as many different Government agencies and have won some. There are lines that do very well in the bidding wars, and those that will never win a bid. Unfortunately my normal feelings is that those who give the most to achieve the bids also, most normally have the least invested in their product. I don't base manufacturers ability to win bids a bench mark to Quality but quite the opposite. The best lines I know of will never win a bid as there are lower priced machines that will do the job as well as win the bid. If it is a better quality machine then the cost would obviosly be higher, Who is payng for the bid? The consumer who buys there product from there local dealer? I have read of your past in other responses but you did say that Kubota copied JD for there latest 30 series and I find that far fetched and a loose statment. I grew up in this industry and other than a few years working for Uncle Sam have watched and been an active participant in it. As I said about Glass Houses it is best to beware.

06-06-2003, 13:03 Post: 56862
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Getting Ready To Buy

John Deere was not the lowest bidder, but they were able to meet and exceed the specification of the contract proposal. None of the other manufacturers were. It is an open and fair bidding process. State contract bids are not anywhere near the same as a DOD bid. The taxpayers are paying for the equipment. That is why the extensive research and comparison went into the purchase process. The Army wanted the best tractor for the money spent that met their needs. The bidding process is a VERY tightly controlled process that does not allow for personal preference. I witnessed how the other manufacturers behaved and actually objectively compared; we were willing to go with whomever had the best product. I can honestly say now that after my experience and dealings with all the manufacturers, that I have a preference and maybe even a bias toward John Deere; but then again, they earned it. I think the glass house comment is probably more "sour grapes" than anything else. I will have to say that Kubota's 30 series tractors are very impressive and appear to be closing and maybe even tieing up the gap between them and green. The military will be buying alot more tractors in the near future and I wish you the best in the bidding process. I think this series of Kubota's will be much more competitive.

06-06-2003, 23:19 Post: 56997
sph1951

Getting Ready To Buy

I visited both a JD and Kubota dealer a few blocks apart while researching a tractor for 25 acres in southern Oregon.
I looked at the comparable JD and found it to be less sturdy appearing. Also I did not like the fact that JD does not make its own diesels. Nearly all of the orchards around here use orange, and that sealed the deal with my
Kubota 4330 with FEL. It is great so far and appears very well engineered.

06-07-2003, 06:19 Post: 57008
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Getting Ready To Buy

Chief, as you said only one manufacturer met and exceeded the spec's! Who wrote them? We helped NY a number of years ago and we wrote the specs around our tractor.Laughing out loud> I'm glad they were able to impress you so much. This process is not new, some times it takes money, sometimes it's just who you know, then it still might take money! Soon enough if you stay in sales with your dealership you might have the oppertunity to write the spec's for a bid at a nursing home or a school after you have spent the time for them to want your product. I'm sure with your enthusiasm towards your superior products you will do just fine! You haven't addressed the issue as you have said Kubota was copying JD, and that is what I refered to and I don't see it now, or have I seen it.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Thread 56498 Filter by Poster:
Art White 4 | bigbukhntr 1 | Billy 1 | botics 4 | Chief 9 | Foghorn 1 | Glenn-D 1 | KRAZFM 1 | sph1951 1 | WillieH 5 |

Most Viewed

+ Kubota AT70s Rear Tine Tiller
+ Kubota HST GST Shuttle or Gear Transmission?
+ Best Boom Mower for Kubota B2710 Tractor
+ Definition of Tractor Loader Breakout force ?
+ Kubota B3200 vs. JD 2720
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Review
+ Kubota Transmission Fluid SUDT
+ Kubota BX2230 VS kIOTI CK20HST
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Quality
+ kubota bx25 vs john deere 2720

Most Discussion

+ How to match Truck to Trailer
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Re
+ Kubota Number 1 in Compact Tra
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Qu
+ Source for after market produc