Go Bottom Go Bottom

Replacement for Kubota Super UDT Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-10-02          43224

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF

Customer Benefits

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF delivers value through

Reducing operational costs — Excellent performance in a wide range of ambient and operating temperatures provides year-round improved low temperature hydraulic and transmission responsiveness versus typical John Deere J20C fluids. This eliminates the need to switch fluids between seasons thereby saving substantial operating expense.

Longer oil life — Outstanding ability of the base stock to withstand oxidation at high operating temperatures results in increased service life of the oil.

Longer equipment life — Special additives protect metal surfaces against scuffing and wear even under severe operating conditions — leading to increased equipment life.

Lower inventory cost — One fluid does the job of a full range of mobile hydraulic systems. Can replace multiple products and free up shelf space too!

Minimizing weather and storage concerns — Protects against rust and corrosion of highly finished precision parts when operating in humid conditions and during seasonal shutdown periods.

Reduced downtime — Good compatibility with seals, O-rings, and packing materials maintains their good condition and keeps leakage at a minimum.

Smoother operation — By eliminating brake "chatter" and transmission "slip" it assures quiet and efficient action of brakes and transmission.

More reliable operation — Formulation keeps metal parts clean and free of varnish and sludge deposits that could result in premature breakdown.

Features

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is a truly unique, high quality, multifunctional fluid, specially formulated for use in transmissions, final drives, wet brakes, and hydraulic systems of tractors and other equipment employing a common fluid reservoir.

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is specially designed for unsurpassed operation in all types of weather — both severe winter cold and extreme summer heat. In fact, Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF meets the requirements of both John Deere J20C and J20D specifications. This, combined with excellent oxidation stability, eliminates the need for seasonal oil changes.

Its distinctive orange color provides for easy product identification and leak detection.

Functions

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is an unsurpassed combination lubricant for modern tractors and similar equipment. It performs many functions, such as lubrication of the transmission and final drive, and serves as a hydraulic fluid to operate power steering units, brakes, implements, and attachments.

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF has a viscosity index much higher than typical multifunctional transmission/hydraulic fluids. This provides excellent flow at low temperatures and good oil film protection at high operating temperatures.

Furthermore, Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF
eliminates brake "chatter" and excessive brake facing wear
assures smooth operation of clutch packs and wet brakes
provides excellent shifting action
provides superior rust and corrosion protection for vital parts
minimizes leakage because of good compatibility with seals, O-rings, and packing materials
prevents sludge and varnish formation
protects metal surfaces against scuffing and wear
provides superior gear lubrication compared to typical cold weather, low viscosity tractor hydraulic fluids
allows for ready leak detection because of its distinctive orange color.

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is compatible with other combination tractor, transmission, and hydraulic fluids. It is recommended as an Allison C4 fluid for use in their transmissions.

Applications

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is recommended for use
as a multifunctional and multiseasonal fluid in all types of tractors and construction equipment.
in any application which calls for the following OEM lubricant specifications:

John Deere — J20C, J20D
AGCO — improved power fluid 821XL
Ford New Holland — ESN-M2C134-D, FNHA-2-C-201, FNHA-2-C-200
Massey Ferguson — M1135, M1141, M1127, M1129A
White Farm Equipment — Q-1826
Case — JIC-143, JIC-145, MS 1206, MS 1207
Oliver — Type 55
Minneapolis-Moline Fluids
Caterpillar TO-2
Renk — Bus Automatic Transmission Fluid
Allison C4
Kubota Super UDT, UDT
International Harvester B6

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is an excellent hydraulic fluid for all types of hydraulic systems. It passes the High Pressure Vane Pump Test, ASTM D 2882, with less than 15 mg steel weight loss.

Do not use in high pressure systems in the vicinity of flames, sparks and hot surfaces. Use only in well ventilated areas. Keep container closed.

Typical Test Data

CPS Number 255237
MSDS Number 6948
API Gravity 34.5
Viscosity, Kinematic
cSt at 40°C
cSt at 100°C 44.7
Viscosity, Saybolt
SUS at 100°F
SUS at 210°F 225
Viscosity, Brookfield
cP at -40°C 17,000
Viscosity Index 204
Flash Point, °C(°F) 242(468)
Pour Point, °C(°F) -45(-49)
Color Orange

Typical test data are average values only. Minor variations which do not affect product performance are to be expected in normal manufacturing.

Source: TTF-45
Date: 09/18/2000
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001 ChevronTexaco Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-10-02          43227

The local distributor can get this stuff by next week. It is $56.50 per 5 gallons and it's ORANGE !!
Anyone have a current price on Super UDT??

View my Photos
Art White

2002-10-02          43231

Mark, sorry I didn't get back yesterday with an answer from Kubota but here we go. They recommend the Super for better cold weather response time. When the oil is cold it doesn't flow as well. The Super flows better and is a better oil. Is it a must, NO but it is better and in all manuals they will be pushing it. Most all oils other than your economy they have anti-chatter for the brakes, you just have more in the super. The problem was first found when tractors went to wet brakes and powershift transmissions. It depends on you but regular UDT will work. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-10-02          43257

So are they saying Super is NOT necessary even in Glide Shift tranny's and high speed BX HST'S? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2002-10-03          43286

The glideshift does need it in cold weather operations as it is a wet clutch design and a thinner oil for cold weather operation. For your BX is is not a nessecity but it will give you better cold weather operation. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-10-03          43290

Thanks Art ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2002-10-04          43325

Who sells Chevron in Michigan? I am due for a fluid change and was going to use Amsoil ATH but it is 35 bucks more per 5 gallons.

j reed ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-10-04          43347

Look in the Yellow pages under fuels and lubricants or oils. You should see all the major's logos there. ....

View my Photos
JPFITZIII
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-10-24          44143

Just purchased 5 gallons of Super UDT (2 - 2.5 gallon containers) for $50.80. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2002-11-01          44540

Just fpound a Chevron dist seeling the Chevron synthetic THF. 63.00 bucks for 5 gallons. ....

View my Photos
marvinlee

2002-11-29          45521

In addition to the excellent Chevron Synthetic All-Weather transmission hydraulic fluid that meets Kubota Super UDT specifications, Petro Canada makes Duratran Synthetic hydraulic fluid that is stated to replace Super UDT. Don't know where to buy it, but their USA phone number is 1-888-284-4572. Synthetics tend to perform very well at high temperatures and that may interest other Kubota ZD-21 owners. Unlike the ZD-28, the ZD-21 does not have a cooling loop to help cool the transmission fluid. Amsoil hydraulic fluid is stated to meet UDT criteria, but is not listed to meet Super UDT specifications. Does anyone know of other suppliers that meet Super UDT criteria? ....

View my Photos
cummins

2014-04-24          190168

where
did you find super udt2 2-2 1/2 gallons for 50.80? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2014-04-25          190177

Check the posting dates........... 12 years old. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login