Go Bottom Go Bottom

B2601 vs bx1800

View my Photos
Eubie555
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-03-27          196415

ok guys, here's my problem. i have a long gravel driveway, with a good hill going up to the street. for about 13 years, i've been using a bx 1800 to grade out the ruts with a 48"box. BUT, it never has worked very well pulling the box up hill, but i've made do. My wife and i have decided to stay in the house(we were going to move), so here's my question-if i change out tires(i have turf tires, and add weight to the front and in the tires, would i be able to drag the box up the hill? the tractor has the power, i just always start spinning when the box fills with gravel. My jubota dealer is trying(of course), to sell me a B2601, 2016 with 75 hours, and he said that machine would do it with no problems. it do have the r4 tires. i said if i bought the machine, i would have to try it on my driveway before i actually signed papers.
i'm wondering if the new machine will actually do the job. any idea's??

thanks guys

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B2601 vs bx1800

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-03-27          196416

First welcome to TP.
The BX1800 has 18 hp and the B2601 should have 26 hp. That is 8 more hp but also almost a third more in percentage.

But HP is only a part of it, I read that the BX is spinning on you and not stalling so that is a traction issue. Now the unknown is if the BX had enough traction would it then have the HP to pull the loaded box blade and that would be my concern.

So some thoughts:
IS the BX four wheel drive? The B2601 is right? Four wheel drive may make all the traction difference you need, but may not.
The turf tires are not the best traction tires for such but to change them out most likely will require rims also.
How much of load must you give up to pull the box blade up the drive? Would it be better to make lighter trips and more or spend the money and make less trips?
Do you have clearance for chains?
Have you tried loading the rear wheels?
Have you checked your tires air pressure to see if you can lower the pressure to give it better footprint to pull?
Last thought is how aggressive is the angle of the box blade? Is it also trying to cut into the rocks even when loaded? ....

B2601 vs bx1800

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-03-28          196422

Just thinking here you will be gaining six horsepower but you have to much if you are spinning! You could add industrial tires for about 400. dollars or you could try a land pride driveway scraper for about 1,200 which is faster and doesn't have the issue with digging in more then you set the machine and in less time you can have a perfect driveway. The dealer would probably take your box blade in trade! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login