Go Bottom Go Bottom

2000 B2710 I need a loader dealer wants over 4K any suggestions

View my Photos
Timothy10366
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-02-26          196343

I have a B2710 with 2k hours? I need a loader for it. Dealer wants 4k to install a new one. I've tried two different dealers in my area, same price. Question to you seasoned veterans. Am I wasting 4K with a tractor that has 2K hours. It is running well. Just had major service. I have pretty good fuel leak around pump and injectors. To be addressed. Can one find used or aftermarket loaders? I was considering trading tractor in. I guess not a big market for a B2710 with 2K and no attachments. Any advice to a beginner greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-02-27          196346

The 2,000 hours doesn't bother me! That has been a very reliable tractor and you are far less then half way through it's life!
The 4,000 for a new loader and valve is not out of line at all and at a minimum you will have increased your tractors worth by nearly 2/3rds the price of the loader. The Kubota loaders are awesome and the valves they use make it really easy with the multi tasking ability. ....

View my Photos
Timothy10366

2017-02-27          196347

Thank you Art for your feedback. I was leaning towards installing loader. I really do need the weight in the front end as well. All my attachments lift the front end off the ground. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-02-28          196350

Art is the pro on this. You can trust his advice. I have a B2710 and wish had loader on it but have much larger tractor with fel, so not able to justify it. You might can find a used loader for less but if you go that way until it is installed and operated you are not sure the condition it is in from pin wear to bent frame.

But I would not buy a loader just to keep the front end on the ground, I have the max which I think is three on mine and no issue with light front end any longer. You will find a loader does increase the size of your tractor and will prevent it clearing some things you are now.

If you have never used a fel you will wonder why you waited so long. ....

View my Photos
Timothy10366

2017-02-28          196351

Hi KThompson, Thanks for your feedback. I'm pretty sure from my research Art does indeed know what he's talking about when it comes to Kubota. This is my first experience with one. Bought this little ranch a year ago and tractor was part of the deal. I've put some money into it. Wasn't sure if it was worth the money to put a fel on it. Since speaking to Art and yourself I am sure that's the way I'll go. My other problem is that I'm not to impressed with my kubota dealers here. For a number of reasons. Being new to farming I have reached out to them for guidance. They interpreted as ignorance I believe.
As for my Tractor I still have not learned the complete operation of it. Just purchased owners manual! The biggest complaint I have is that the front end won't stay on the ground with the brush hog or the rear snow blade. Very difficult to steer. I was going to purchase front weights, but that seems to be a waste of money since I am going to have a fel installed. I just purchased a post hole digger with 9" diameter 48" auger . I have about 8 acres of fence line to repair/replace. That will be the true test for me. Thanks Again Tim ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2017-02-28          196353

I meant to add this thought in first post but will very much with your post following mine. My first suggestion is to be sure the B2710 is the tractor you need. I bought ours mostly for mower use (rfm) and it is great for that and for rough cut or as most call them Bushog regardless the brand it is great with the HST is in trees as it easy to back into areas you need to. We use a 52" rough cut mower and a 72" inch rfm and it handles those fine. It is not a tractor for plowing, too low. It will do a lot, more than some think but before you spend $4,000 plus be sure it is tractor enough for your needs. You may find trading your tractor and the money you will put into the loader gets you into a little larger tractor with loader already on it.

As to dealers, sad. Depending on what you are asking they may feel they are wasting time with you since you did not buy the tractor there or what ever. I am not a big tractor owner but have had Case, Kubota and JD and the dealership means as much as the brand of machine does to me. Some will disagree with me on this but in this size tractor I think Kubota is the brand to beat. As far as I know they are rare as they build all their machines. Bigger machines where you hit the "true" JD or Case not sure Kubota is the brand there, no experience with their over 70 hp models.

View my Photos
Timothy10366

2017-02-28          196354

I have ten acres, approximately 7 of that is pasture. My attachments are a landpride RCR1260 mower, and a Land pride RB 1572 rear blade and a ETA compact post hole digger 9x48 HD auger bit. Primary use has been mowing pasture and plowing snow every now and then. The pastures won't need mowing due to the dozen lowline/dexter cows I will be boarding. Also the numerous fence posts I will be replacing. Right around 150 of them. I don't finish mow with it. Terrain is such where I need a zero turn. Moving around hay and cleaning out barn is about all I will use the loader for now. So purchasing a newer bigger tractor would be fiscally irresponsible at this time. I am not a full time farmer. Definitely a hobby farmer. I just want to raise my own beef cows, grass fed. Nothing beats it.
The tractor was originally purchased used by the gentleman I bought this farm from. I also spent close to $1,000 on repairs/service to the tractor and mower. So I would like to think I wasn't wasting their time. I was an owner/operator for 16 years. I have owned a number of Freightliners, so I get the brand loyalty and preference. But I don't get the customer service with my local Kubota dealers. Yes I'm not talking a $100k tractor trailer. I'm talking a $5k tractor. Am I missing something. Am I expecting to much? As a person who owned his own business, I would never treat my customers the way I have been treated by these particular dealerships. ....

View my Photos
greyhorse

2017-03-01          196355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy10366 | view 196351
...The biggest complaint I have is that the front end won't stay on the ground with the brush hog or the rear snow blade.

It is possible that the rear implements were not purchased by last owner new or used to be the right fit for the Compact B2710. It often happens that folks rummage around for stuff being disposed of at good prices that came off a bigger machine, and try to make the best of wrong sized stuff at economical cost, but they can actually be dangerous to use on the machine you have. Anyways something to look into or rule out. ....

View my Photos
Timothy10366

2017-03-01          196356

I've had the mower serviced with the tractor. Dealer didn't say anything about it being to big. But then again I didn't ask. I know it's a cat. 1 tractor and attachments both rear blade and mower. I don't have any weight on the front of the tractor either. The tractor doesn't physically lift off the ground, just doesn't steer well. I will definitely look into it. I just assumed attachments were the proper size. Thank you for your input. ....

View my Photos
amalfikid

2017-03-01          196357

TRY McGREW EQUIPMENT IN SEVEN VALLEYS, PA. THEY ARE A BIG CONSIGNMENT DEALER AND ALWAYS HAVE LOADERS USED AND NEW FOR HALF OF WHAT YOU WERE QUOTED. THEIR TEL. IS: 888-311-2811 ASK FOR ZACH TELL HIM FRANKIE IN CT. REFFERED YOU TO HIM ....

View my Photos
Timothy10366

2017-03-01          196358

Thank you Frankie, I will. ....

View my Photos
minimac

2017-03-02          196359

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalfikid | view 196357
.. SEVEN VALLEYS, PA.THEY ARE A BIG CONSIGNMENT DEALER AND ALWAYS HAVE LOADERS...

Looks like they do have lots of stuff, been to that area near York,PA, in South Eastern PA. York is one of those places that looks like an abandoned ghost town, very sad.

Hope you can find something a bit closer in Northern MI, York is 600 miles, but you gotta go where the stuff and deals are. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2017-03-05          196362

The one implement that I wonder as to a good fit might be the post hole auger. The other attachments normally have to have custom cut shafts so they don't bottom out and that would be the biggest issue for the post hole auger. On some machines they have adjustable hitches to compensate and so do not so the drive shafts have to be cut.

For ten acres it would be a great tractor! Could you use more? Not much before you hit overkill! The extra you might need would make mowing harder!!!! Mowing will be the most time you spend and to go to a larger chassis tractor cuts the overhang drastically!

On the need for all those posts installed, just thoughts, rent a unit with a post driver on it and install all of them in a day!!!! The post hole auger if it is a low quality will be tapered so bad that you might consider replacing it when done! Driven holes are tight!!!! To have to drill get a hydraulic skid steer or tractor mount!
The tractor can be shuttling posts! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login