Go Bottom Go Bottom

B1700 Hydostatic unit leaking

View my Photos
Thomas18
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-08-07          195633

My Kubota B1700 is leaking fluid from the hydrostatic unit, I am told the tractor needs split in half, hydro removed & sealed and reassembled. Other problems may exist with the hydro unit considering the high hours (1800 hours)
I would like to hear opinions on this tractor and advice

Thanks a lot
Pete

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
charlieK

2016-08-08          195634

1800 hrs is not high hours ....

View my Photos
Thomas18

2016-08-08          195640

Thanks Charlie! Thats good to hear. Thats what Evolution Ag told me. I like the tractor a lot, just not sure if I should repair or sell it and find another. ....

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-08-10          195649

Depending on where the leak is actually stemming from on the hydro unit, will bear the extreme of the repair. I have amongst others, a B7300 hydro. It developed a hydraulic leak on the hydro unit casing and until I had sufficient time to truelly inspect it, I had all kinds of ideas thrown at me for areas of concern, and costs. What I found on mine, was on the left foot side, there are two hydraulic lines that attach to the hydro unit via a block to the case. I have not been able to realize ANY reason for this, however, by design, Kubota put two o-rings behind each line fitting. In time, one fitting started leaking, and was just high enough where it resembled a potential leak from the case and/or something internal such as a shaft seal, leaking down and dripping. It turned out that one of the fittings double o-rings, had breached and the compression needed to satisfy this fitting/line assembly with the block, was now compromised and seeping. I renewed all FOUR o-rings, and cleaned her up, and all has stayed dry since.
I like easy fixes! 8-)

Hope this helps.
Best -
Willie H. ....

View my Photos
charlieK

2016-08-11          195654

hope yours is like willies thomas ....

View my Photos
Thomas18

2016-08-13          195657

Thanks a million Willie,
did you have to pull the tractor apart to get at these lines and replace the o-rings? I love easy fixes to. ....

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-08-14          195659

Nope 8-)

I believe (?) that the B1700 and B7300 are quite similar in that the layout is similar if not the same, only real difference being the tin work.

If you remove the left side rear tire and wheel assembly, you'll see two hard line hydraulic lines mounted to a block, via a couple of fittings, as well as a bracket on some realizing a strain reducer. The o-rings are nestled behind this block. Not a clean job, rather oily as you have to disassemble the lines and such, so have rags and/or drop bucket below to catch the fluid. Realize the o-rings, reinstall the block and brackets, then the lines. Top off fluid to account for the fluid that drained out, and you're off to the races. Before you reinstall the wheel, swab everything down REAL good to insure dryness . This way, in case there still is a leak somewhere, you'll be able to realize where it might be coming from. Not saying that this IS your issue, but sure would be an easy and inexpensive way out! Just some time...which we all have LOTS of. HA!

Best -
Willie H. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login