Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L4330 three point hitch won t rise

View my Photos
Getmoreruss
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-03-25          194795

Kubota l4330 HST. 3 point hitch will not go up and makes a whining sound. I can lift the front of the tractor with the bucket to make the blade in the rear go up, and it will stay up once is up. But it will not go back up on its own. I checked the controller between my legs. I also took the pressure relief valve under the seat out and took it apart to clean it put it back together and it worked fine like brand new for about 30 minutes. I repeated this process but had no such luck again. No other hydraulic problems on the tractor what so ever. Everything else works fine. Can someone help me

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-03-25          194796

Getmoreruss -

I am not totally familiar with the L4330, however, I might be able to shed some light as most operate under same principles.
Does your orange have a piggy-backed hydraulic pump? If it does, you may (?) have one of two scenarios. 1) a restriction in the circuit that operates the 3pt lift. By removing the relief valve, you might have interrupted the restrictive pressure in that line. Once reassembled you have no restriction until that circuit builds sufficient pressure again to force the restrictive element into play again and block you off. b) if your pump seal or 3pt seals have for what ever reason decided to blow, you could have a lack of control by a cavitation of the pump/circuit (air being drawn into the circuit and having the pump spin without sufficient hydraulic oil and air does not build pressure as hydraulic fluid does). Consequently, what you get is a non lifting or non operational implement.However, by removing and disassembling the relief, you might have released enough air in the system to allow more hydraulic fluid back in, thereby offering a little, or short term operation.
Questions:
When you look at the hydraulic oil, is it clear oil, or does it look milky? The milkyness, would indicate that you have air within the system and you would have to realize where the introduction is coming from and change the fluid to minimize the air that is now mixed into the fluid.

When you disassembled the relief valve, did you notice any contaminants in the fixture, such as the above milkyness, or any pieces of o-ring (black or brown in color)? This would indicate that somewhere you have experienced a seal breach, and would need to locate it and correct it.

Just some ideas being thrown out here...

Best -
Willie H. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-03-25          194797

It sounds like your FEL is working normally, so you can eliminate the system pressure relief valve.

The whining and lack of lift suggests to me a problem in just the 3pth circuit.

Does the whining continue if the 3pth control lever is in the down position?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Getmoreruss

2016-03-26          194802

It only ones in the up position when you put the lever down it does not whine ....

View my Photos
Murf

2016-03-26          194804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getmoreruss | view 194802
It only ones in the up position when you put the lever down it does not whine ...

That tells me you have no lift because when you try a pressure relief valve opens bleeding away the pressure needed to do the lifting.

It's quiet when down or at the set point because you're not calling for any pressure.

Does your tractor have a power beyond or remote hydraulic outlet?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Getmoreruss

2016-03-26          194806

When we bought the tractor we got them to add on a hydrolic hook up. The two hose tubes feed back to the top of the block under the seat, right beside the pressure relief valve. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2016-03-27          194814

Did this problem just start?

How many hours have / did you used the tractor before this issue developed?

There's never too much information for a remote diagnosis like this.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Getmoreruss

2016-03-28          194816

Kubota l 43302 HST hydrostatic. 1260 hours. It did start gradually through the last 3 months we've used it, the lift got a little slower and a little slower, then she quit altogether. I did change the hydrostatic filter and the transmission filter and put new oil in it. Bear in mind this hydrostatic tractor uses the same oil all the way through the tractor and one pump. I took the pressure relief valve off and cleaned it the first time without taking it actually a part, put it back on and it worked like brand new after I wiggled the othet levers and got the air out, or trash out of the line I'm not sure which one. But it worked for about 30 minutes. Then it stopped again. The 2nd time I took the pressure relief valve off I counted my threads on the adjustment then I took it apart and really clean the valve on the inside. I did fiND a couple very very small pieces of trash in it. I put it back on and nothing. I repeated that process 2 other times with no luck.
I can take the front end loader put the bucket down lifting the front of the tractor up therefore raising the blade on the back and it will stay up once it's up. I also can Rev the engine up pretty high , then wiggle the auxiliary hydraulic back and forth back and forth, and every time I work the lever back and forth back and forth the blade will raise Just A Pinch. I can actually get the blade to raise all the way if I sit there aND wiggle it back and forth back and forth open and close for about 40 seconds," which I'm sure is probably not good for the hydraulic pump itself", but I did get it to work that one time after I took the pressure valve out the first time which tells me that it will lift like it's supposed to, it just acts like it has a piece of trash hung up on something somewhere that is preventing the 3 point hitch to rise. That's all I got. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2016-03-28          194817

Ok, with more information now it seems very clear you have contamination in the hydraulic system and have some debris in the 3pth circuit.

Unfortunately unless you can get that debris to find its own way out your only real option is a major tear down to clean it all out.

Sorry I don't have any good news.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2016-03-31          194864

To open the valve they installed does the three point work then? ....

View my Photos
Getmoreruss

2016-04-04          194900

No it does not lift ....

View my Photos
Getmoreruss

2016-04-04          194901

When you say tear it down what does that mean? What all do I have to tear down ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login