Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L3600 3pt upgrade question

View my Photos
Garylee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-01-05          194285

First post...........
Have my old Massey TO35 30 yrs, 56 model,needing too much to over haul, so went in halves with my son and bought a 10 yr old Kubota L3600 4wh w/loader, Woods back hoe, 1800 hrs. This tractor was used primarily for construction work, thus the loader and back hoe. Evidently received regular maintenance and service. Runs great.Replaced all fluids, filters, tires,front end tie rods, etc. The problem/question. It came without the Kubota 3pt equipment. Assumed was never used with the Woods back hoe underbelly mounting system was used. Checked with local Kubota dealer to purchase all the old original 3pt system, way more than reasonable. What I'm really looking to buy is the more current 3pt system used. Where can I find/buy the adjustable lower arms that you can back up and just get close to the implement, slide the end to correct length, pin it and then back up to lock in the adjuster.also they make an upper arm adjuster that has a small gear box and handle(lift leveling box) to rotate up or down to level your implement. And somewhere is available the side arm check that instead of the check chains, there is a telescopic tube with several holes that you can drop a pin in at the correct length. I don't seem to be able to find any of these parts that are designed to fit the L series Kubota. Is any one here using these newer 3pt parts,how do you like, where did you purchase? Any and all help will be appreciated. Garylee

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gaspur

2016-01-05          194288

Are you speaking of the 3 point lift arms with the adjustable crank on the right side if you are standing at the rear of the tractor. I have an L 3600 tractor that I can measure against these I have. I think mine are a little longer which can be adjusted if need be. These has a hole to hook onto the tractor and fittings at the end of each arm to hook onto your implement. ....

View my Photos
Garylee

2016-01-06          194289

gaspur Yes that is correct.But also I need all the rest, both lower lift arms, upper lift arms with leveler, top link and the two bottom adjustable stabilizer arms, pins etc. If I had original 3pt assembly, I could measure the length's and the two offsets on the lower arms, and the distance center to center of the pin holes.Same with uppers and stabilizer arms. I don't know how to get those measurements specific to this particular tractor. Or where to look for what I need to acquire the more current equipment. Thanks for your help Garylee

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-06          194294

It sounds like it came with the full 3 pth system and was removed by the previous owner or dealer then the underframe was installed. It does have the hyd controls and upper lift arms right?

I am not aware of an aftermarket company who sells these for Kubota. By far would expect to pay less if you could find someone who had the arms and other parts for same reason yours is missing then buying new parts. You may want to try Kubota dealerships to see if they happen to have a set they removed from another tractor.

View my Photos
Garylee

2016-01-06          194297

kthompson Yes it did come with all the 3pt equipment, but has been lost/sold by previous owner. Has 3pt control and FEL controls.I hadn't thought about asking the dealer about used equipment or trade in equipment. I now am using some old modified arms from old tractors, works but not very well at all. If I have to buy all new 3pt or even used, for the price I would have to pay the dealer I'd just as soon buy the better adjustable. I am not totally cheap, just frugal.............I had no idea Kubota parts were so expensive. $400.00 for ONE lower arm? Mercy! But I can tell that this will be a good dependable piece of farm equipment. If I could get a dimensional drawing of original equipment I could then search out the appropriate sized more modern adjustable arms etc. I have never used the adjustable lower arms, but the videos I have viewed,(actually, the first one) have convinced me that I gotta have them (Like disposable diapers). Thanks for the suggestion, as I will ck with the dealer. Garylee
ps.....does anyone here use the new 3pt adjustable arms and stabilizers? ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-01-07          194300

From selling other brands I can tell you that the parts from Kubota are no more expensive then any one else and there parts prices are often lower when they are interchangeable!! You could to the best of my knowledge order the system from a newer model! ....

View my Photos
gaspur

2016-01-07          194301

I have the lift arms and the arms that go up to the short lift arms. One of the lift arms has a worm gear to raise or lower it. The lift arms are 38 inches long with the upper arms 24 inches. The L3600 has lift arms that are 28 inches with the upper arms 16 inches. Both of these can be shorten to the correct length if you have a certified welder. You can pick these up for $300 , that is what I paid for them. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-01-08          194303

I have bought more parts for Kubota than any other brand but will agree with Art on their prices. Now their prices as with any brand can vary. Try to find a good local dealership and build relationship with them. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login