Go Bottom Go Bottom

Phantom mid PTO signal shuts off engine and keeps it from starting

View my Photos
ddehne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-12-17          194222

I have a Kubota L39 that has shut down due the computer thinking that the mid PTO is engaged. I have an indicator light on showing the mid PTO being engaged. The problem is that this model has neither the mid PTO nor the corresponding sensor installed. This has happened 3 times now. Has this happened to anyone else? What part needs replacement? By the way, this is a glide shift transmission.
Last time, I went through and disconnected and reconnected all the sensors as well as wiring harness connections.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Phantom mid PTO signal shuts off engine and keeps it from starting

View my Photos
Imfedup
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-12-17          194223

Just because your tractor doesn't have the mid PTO option, doesn't mean the harness won't have the necessary wiring/connectors for it. Should those wires somehow become damaged over time and the related circuits make/break for whatever reason, the indicator lights and related actions may well come and go. Check the area(s) where such switches and sensors would be if installed. Look for signs of damage to wires or harness connectors that aren't currently in use, but may have been stowed somewhere nearby. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login