Go Bottom Go Bottom

B7500 PTO speeds

View my Photos
Grinder11
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-10-29          193946

Being a been to the forum, I have a question about PTO speeds. I have an empty slot on the left fender. Is it supposed to have a PTO Lever in it?On one end of the slot, it has a PTO decal that says 960 RPM. Did the 7500 come with a 2 speed rear PTO? Maybe the guy I bought it from had trouble with it and he removed the lever?? I have no idea why the lever is missing.....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B7500 PTO speeds

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-10-30          193952

Per tractordata.com your tractor has only a 540 rear pto and a 2500 mid pto. Not sure but the mid pto maybe was an option. The mid pto is for a deck mower and comes out the front of the transmission underneath.

The 960 if not badly mistaken is a overseas pto speed. No idea why that decal would be on it.

go to Kubota.com and look towards lower right side for "prior" models and you may find a manual for your tractor. Kubota and tractordata both to me are helpful.

B7500 PTO speeds

View my Photos
Grinder11

2015-10-30          193953

Thanks for your input. Now this REALLY has me wondering! Why would they put a sticker on a tractor that apparently has no way of ever using the function That the sticker says it has??? That kind of expense would be kind of foolish. Perhaps someone replaced my rear fender (and WHY did they do THAT?!) from a model that DID have this PTO Speed??! A local guy told me that the 960 speed was an option for the rear PTO. I honestly don't know. I did look at Tractor data, and was surprised to see the newer version of the 7500 (the 2320?), does in fact have a 2 speed rear PTO, with the 960 speed being 1 of those 2 speeds. Anyway, the local guy said the higher speed is handy for rear mounted snow blowers. I am still looking for an answer...... ....

B7500 PTO speeds

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-10-30          193954

Did you look up the manual on Kubota's web site? If there was a lever in there at one time and removed there probably is sign of wear to some degree. ....

B7500 PTO speeds

View my Photos
Grinder11

2015-11-03          194002

I have the factory owners and service manuals. I can find nothing on this 960 speed. I did notice that, according to tractor data, the B2320 Kubota tractor does have the 960 PTO Speed. I don't know if it is standard or an option. Thanks for your input. ....

B7500 PTO speeds

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-11-03          194003

You ought to ask can it be added and if so what price. Just be sure the implement you are using it on is safe at that speed. Sprayer pumps for "me" would be the biggest benefit. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login